EAP235-wall boots but doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-25 08:40:31
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

my EAP235-wall seems to be dead!

When I connect to the PoE switch, th led powers on for about 8 seconds, then it blinks rapidly for about 4 seconds, then it slows down a bit for other 7 seconds and then it stay steady on, but it doesn't request an IP to the DHCP server the Omada controller and the discovery utility don't see it.

I've tried to reset it different times: when powered on I keep the reset button pushed for about 5 seconds (I've tried keeping it for more, but it doesn't change), then it blinks for about 4/5 seconds, then off for about 2 seconds then it rapidly blink for about 8 seconds and after that it stays steady on.

Should I return it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP235-wall boots but doesn't work
2022-09-26 08:05:40

@Preus 

You can connect a test laptop to the PoE injector LAN port, and set up static IP like 192.168.0.100/24.

Then try to ping the EAP fallback IP 192.168.0.254 and see if Ethernet connection is working on PoE injector.

Please note you should use short Ethernet cable to run the test.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 1

Related Articles