Old SSID Showing up in Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 21:49:09

So just when I thought I was moving along smoothly I hit a snag. 

I have two EAP225 Outdoor and one EAP610 Outdoor adopted successfully into Omada Software Control for windows. The EAP610 is wired directly to router / modem and is my central AP. 

I got everything configured and then I scan the for available access points to connect my CPE710 to and I see a Mac Address that from what I can tell appears to belong to one of the radios (probably 5ghz) of  one of the EAP225s, which is what I had named one of the EAP225s during the early stages of configuration. The problem is that name is no longer used. The APs were all reset and reconfigured from step one and have different names, and show up in Omada Controller with the correct names. There is no reference in Omada to AHRV Courtyard that I can find other than it being a connected device. It does have an IP address in my subnet but I cannot access it.

Not sure what to do.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Old SSID Showing up in Omada
2022-09-29 05:08:48

@RickJamesBish 

Have you tried to reboot the EAP225? If you turn off the EAP225 will that SSID disappear? Maybe that SSID is not actually available.

You can also try Forget the EAP on controller(that will reset the EAP) and re-adopt it again.

Options
Re:Old SSID Showing up in Omada
2022-09-29 11:30:22 - last edited 2022-09-29 13:59:11

@Somnus Not sure what happened. I removed the EAP from Omada Software Controller using forget. I hard reset the unit. I scanned for it on my phone and it did reset because the default TPlink SSID were now showing up and I connected to it. I opened it using the LAN section in the Omada App on my phone and started the setup. When I got to the Wifi part, somehow AHRV Courtyard was already filled in. Anyway I changed it and then used Omada Software Controller and adopted it. The name is now gone and the correct shows.  Very strange because when I had the issue, both the correct and incorrect names were showing up.  Fixed now so done studying it.  Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 2

Related Articles