OC200 Location in Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 13:25:15

I have my network with a EAP610-Outdoor as central AP, and two EAP225-Outdoor configured and running through Omada Software Controller on my PC that is onsite.. The PC is on subnet 192.168.1.xxx. The APs and router/modem are on subnet 192.168.0.xxx.  I obviously already have ports forwarded on the router to which the PC running the controller is connected.

I have an OC200 on the way. I ordered this because there are times I will not be here and need to remotely access the controller. I am assuming that is what the OC200 will do. I want to do away with thr software controller and replace it with OC200.

So my question is can the OC200 be installed on the same subnet as my current software controller and work as long as port forwarding is correct? I need to do this due to room and power accessibilty restrictions at the location of the router on the other subnet. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:OC200 Location in Network
2022-09-30 08:20:25

@RickJamesBish 

Yes, OC200 can be considered as a "small PC" that can Omada software controller only. All you need to confirm is that:

1. Omada EAPs can communicate with OC200 IP;

2. If EAP and the controller are in different subnet, you need to go to EAP web interface->controller settings, to tell it OC200 IP address.(you can also use controller migration function since you already have a working controller)

Options