Losing connection to ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-06 09:02:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Hi.

We're having an issue with an ER605 v2 router on a customer site whereby the site keeps losing internet connectivity. The router is an ER605 and is controlled by an OC200 controller. We're in the UK and are using a PPPoE connection. We have a carrier-provided modem/router which has been configured in bridge mode. From the carrier's portal, we can see that the modem is not losing connectivity as the sessions are remaining online. From outside the network, we are unable to maintain a connection to the Omada Controller as that keeps showing as offline or sometimes online but without an IP address. From inside the network if I set a continuous ping running from one of the PCs to the router interface (.254), the controller interface (.103) and Yahoo I will see packets randomly dropped to both Yahoo and the router interface. Then there may be a prolonged outage to both the router and Yahoo of 5 or more minutes. The controller continues to ping but that is connected to the same PoE switch as the EAP245s that I'm connecting through. From our office, our Zabbix server sees the router as being online albeit with varying ping times. The router has a 4G modem attached as well which is configured in fail-over mode via the controller. The 4G service does not look to kick in despite the controller showing that interface on the router as being online.

Does this just sound like a faulty router? It was only installed a couple of months ago and has been solid up until now. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Losing connection to ER605
2022-10-06 10:25:43

@CTS_Mike 

I had something similar with one of my ER605 V2s, but in my case it was unable to sustain a VPN connection (of any type) to the router, it would constantly drop them for no reason - the exact same router config imported to my second v2 worked without a hitch.

I reflashed the 605v2 in recovery mode with the very first firmware v2.0.0 and re-upgraded it from the GUI, hasnt been a problem since.

Might be worth giving that a shot, the procedure is here

How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways | TP-Link India

Owner of: ER605 v1, ER605 v2, ER7206 v1, SG1024DE v4.2 and AX53 v1
Options
Re:Losing connection to ER605
2022-10-06 12:36:58 - last edited 2022-10-06 12:38:22

@GRL Sounds like a good plan. I think I'm going to try and dump the config from the router before the reset as well to see if there is any difference when it gets reset. As a temporary measure I've taken the provder router out of bridge mode and will be taking the Omada back next to give the customer a bit of stability for a few days. I'll post back when I have a result.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1031

Replies: 2

Related Articles