Divide Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Divide Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Divide Mesh
Divide Mesh
2022-10-10 19:35:40
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Diagram shows current and planned setup. Currenly one EAP610-Outdoor Wired. Four EAP225-Outdoor. EAP225 #5 on the current side in linked the the EAP225 #4. #4 is linked to #1. The issue is the transfer rates for guests connecting to those two APs is about half of the transfer rate for the guests connectd to EAP #1, 2 and 3.

Is it possible for me to split up the mesh as shown on the planned side? I already know I can link the CPE710 to the EAP610 and get full bandwidth so that is not in question. Omada Controller will see the EAP225 with CPE710 as wired. My question is will Omada controller let me keep or reestablish a link between #4 and #5?  Also can I keep the same SSID? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Divide Mesh
2022-10-11 12:34:35

@RickJamesBish 

I think it is OK, because the CPE only acts as an extension of the WiFi signal, the back connection to the EAP is discoverable and manageable by the controller.
Then the mesh can be set up on the controller. You can also keep the same SSID.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Divide Mesh
2022-10-11 21:47:31

@Virgo Thanks. Going to give it a try and will post back results. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 2

Related Articles