EAP225 (EU) missing 5Ghz channels 149-161 UNII-3 Band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-10 22:39:14
Tags: #5Ghz Channels
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.08

I've puchased a bunch of these EAP225 (EU) both indoor and outdoor version from a large Australian distributor and I would assume it would have the same wifi configuration availability like all other products available in Australia including the hundreds and hundreds of TP-Link products I have configured in the past, but this is not the case.

This product is missing the UNII-3 channel range. It only has available the UNII-1 36-48 and the DFS range (which we do not really use in Aus).

I have never come acrossa TP-Link product that does not have channels 149-161.

There are some other threads that mention these channels are missing but they get no real answer.

To use multiple units these channels need to be available, if there is no way to do this I will have to return all my stock.

Can someone from TP-Link answer how to enable these channels?

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP225 (EU) missing 5Ghz channels 149-161 UNII-3 Band
2022-10-11 12:53:21

Dear @Aus-wifi-guy ,

Aus-wifi-guy wrote

I've puchased a bunch of these EAP225 (EU) both indoor and outdoor version from a large Australian distributor and I would assume it would have the same wifi configuration availability like all other products available in Australia including the hundreds and hundreds of TP-Link products I have configured in the past, but this is not the case.

This product is missing the UNII-3 channel range. It only has available the UNII-1 36-48 and the DFS range (which we do not really use in Aus).

This is due to the fact that your EAP is of the EU version, which does not support Band 4 due to the different laws and regulations in each country.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-11 13:00:45

@Hank21 Thanks for the reply.

It kind of doesn't matter which version of the product it is. The fact remains that these are being officially sold in Australia and must meet Australian Wifi Standard.

There are communication laws for Australian Wifi Standards and Consumer Guarantee laws for products to and I'll quote "do all the things someone would normally expect them to do"

I'm going to give TP-Link the opportunity to get firmware to fix this asap, but if it's not done fairly quickly then I'll be putting in my best effort to contact every distributor and Australian department of interest to make sure this line of product is discontinued in Australia.

Options
2022-10-12 08:31:40

Dear @Aus-wifi-guy ,

Aus-wifi-guy wrote

It kind of doesn't matter which version of the product it is. The fact remains that these are being officially sold in Australia and must meet Australian Wifi Standard.

There are communication laws for Australian Wifi Standards and Consumer Guarantee laws for products to and I'll quote "do all the things someone would normally expect them to do"

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've reported to the developer team for evaluation.

In addition, we have released new EAP model on the official website which support Band1-4, like the EAP650-Wall and EAP655-Wall you may consider.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 610

Replies: 3

Tags

5Ghz Channels