AP Orientation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP Orientation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP Orientation
AP Orientation
2022-10-11 13:19:53
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Top part of image is current after entering orientation of APs into the Beta Map in Omada Controller.Bottom part is rotating the AP orientation which shows more of the signal penetrating into the park. What I am unclear on is if the two radiated signals are 2.4ghz one side and 5ghz on the other. You can see in the bottom image on the two APs to the left, I rotated them and it throws one side of the signal away from the park but lets the other penetrate more into the park.  So is this signal pattern somewhat accurate and is there a way to direct it?  The software does not factor in orientation of the antennas themselves.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AP Orientation
2022-10-12 11:09:55

@RickJamesBish 

In my opinion, it is not.

There should be both 2.4G and 5G signals distributed on both sides, only that the 2.4G transmission is a little further away in comparison.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-18 16:21:11 - last edited 2022-10-18 16:22:03

@Virgo what about the pattern? I guess I am not understading what the map is showing. It looks like having the front of the AP, facing the desired area of coverage is a bad idea. For example the two APs on the left edge are facing the directly to the right. The map makes it look as if the the best coverage would be north and south of the AP.

Options
2022-10-19 05:41:52

@RickJamesBish 

You may take a look:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-19 09:59:56 - last edited 2022-10-19 10:05:39

@Virgo thanks. I have looked over that many times until my head hurts.

So after studying this a little it would appear they are incorrect on the results that are shown on the Omada Map, which I understand is in beta. It instructs you do enter in degrees, the direction the LEDs are facing. The LEDs on the EAP225-Outdoor are on the side and when I enter that information on the map, the results seem off by 45 degrees from what you would expect.

Can anyone else confirm this? It would be nice to know if the map is correct of off 45 degrees for the EAP225 Outdoor as it seems to be.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 4

Related Articles