OC200 Controller Keeps Freezing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 07:48:38
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.19.1 Build 20220803 Rel.39727

So I've been running a Cisco router and PoE Switch for the past 2 years; great speed and using OC200 and 3x EAP225s.

Unfortunately the router blew up, so I thought I'd make the full plunge to Omada setup.

I'm now running;

ER7206 (1x WAN @ 1Gb up/down)

SG2428P

OC200

3x EAP225

Managed to get everything set up OK; I actually reset the OC200 and EAPs and started again.  But when I am working in the controller, either via the ip address or the https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/ I am getting constant freezing where the page doesn't load.  I assume there is a drop to the network as I have also been experiencing the same on the TV when watching Youtube (both are happening with wireless connections).

Any ideas?!

Mike

p.s. Is there a way to power schedule/reboot ALL of the hardware in sequence (i.e. router and switch) other than simply unplugging?

Options
3 Reply
Re:OC200 Controller Keeps Freezing
2022-10-12 08:17:31

@MikeyG23 

Further to the original post; it is definitely the WiFi that is dropping (cannot confirm if the wired network is experiencing the same).

Trying to work connected via WiFi is proving difficult.

Dashboard shows the below; 

When it is running, a speed test shows very poor results (vs. Cisco router and switch) everything else the same.

226Mb/s (download)

407Mb/s (upload)

I was consistently getting 500Mb/s + previously. 

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Options
2022-10-12 08:17:41

@MikeyG23 

Further to the original post; it is definitely the WiFi that is dropping (cannot confirm if the wired network is experiencing the same).

Trying to work connected via WiFi is proving difficult.

Dashboard shows the below; 

When it is running, a speed test shows very poor results (vs. Cisco router and switch) everything else the same.

226Mb/s (download)

407Mb/s (upload)

I was consistently getting 500Mb/s + previously. 

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Options
2022-10-13 07:36:51

@MikeyG23 

It looks like your problem may have nothing to do with the controller, the problem should be with the router.

Suggest that you test the gateway in standalone mode to see if it is working properly and if there are any problems with dropped connections or slow speeds.

I recommend connecting the PC directly to the ER7206 with a short cable to see if the speedtest results are normal.
If not, use the same cable to connect the same PC to the modem on the front of the router to test if the front-end speed is normal.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 3

Related Articles