VLAN (for dumbies)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN (for dumbies)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN (for dumbies)
VLAN (for dumbies)
2022-10-12 14:00:55
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20180629 Rel.58591

This might be long,,

We have two buildings. Each has its own ISP.

The buildings were connected using NannoBeam Antennas.... and all were on the same IP address net 192.168.1.X

Building one's gateway is 192.168.1.1 and building two's gateway is 192.168.1.2.

Our devices have grown to the point where, I think, we need to VLAN the network.  This is where we are a bit lost.

Our thoughts are that building ONE will be 192.168.1.x and building TWO will be 192.168.2.x.

That seems to be easy and it is set like that now and all is working

The one thing that is not working is the Library system.

We need some computers within 1.x to talk to the main Library database in 2.x through the antennas.

How can we set up the switches so that 1.x and 2.x can communicate with each other and 1.x still uses 1.1 for the gateway and 2.x still uses 2.1 as its gateway. Also block computers from sending and receiving DHCP requests to and from the other VLANs?

i hope this make since.

Thanks

Jason

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN (for dumbies)
2022-10-13 08:10:24

@SVdP-Academy 

I'm afraid you can not set VLAN Interface on this switch, but you can do this by setting VLAN Interface.

If your gateway supports setting up VLAN Interface, then just set up the VLAN on the switch directly after setting it up on the router.

You can take a look at this:

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 1

Related Articles