VOIP QOS setup in OMADA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VOIP QOS setup in OMADA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VOIP QOS setup in OMADA
VOIP QOS setup in OMADA
2022-10-21 07:54:30
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.19.1 Build 20220803 Rel.39727

Hi, I would like to know how I can setup QOS for VOIP using my omada setup. I am only running omada compatible switches (SG2428P & T1500G-10MPS) and gateway (ER605v2) and they are all adopted and running the latest firmwares.

I just need to ensure that priority is given to the voip calls, at all times, especially over the internet. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:VOIP QOS setup in OMADA
2022-10-21 12:06:16

@Farai_M 

AFAIK there isn't any QOS on the omada routers.  

What are you're WAN ISP speeds?  If it's high enough, you won't need QOS for SIP.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-10-21 15:06:56

@KimcheeGUN Hi, thank you for your response. Unfortunately we are having to rely on adsl speeds at the moment, so we are combining a few adsl connections to get a usable internet connection. WAN one has 20Mbps downlink and 1 Mbps uplink, WAN2 has 3.3Mbps downlink and 1Mbps uplink sometimes we augment with 4G but its rather expensive. Hence the need for some form of QOS to prioritise VOIP traffic. I noticed that the business switches when they are not OMADA managed can be configured for QOS so I am generally looking for a similar feature using the controller as it would not be feasible to run all our switches in standalone configuration.

KimcheeGUN wrote

@Farai_M 

AFAIK there isn't any QOS on the omada routers.  

What are you're WAN ISP speeds?  If it's high enough, you won't need QOS for SIP.  

Options
2022-10-24 05:03:53

@Farai_M 

There is Voice VLAN settings in standalone mode, but I can't find it on Controller.

See the standalone mode guide

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1600

Replies: 3

Related Articles