VPN Connection Successful but can only access devices by ip - Omada Software Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN Connection Successful but can only access devices by ip - Omada Software Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-23 18:17:02 - last edited 2022-10-23 18:46:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm able to connect my Iphone 12's vpn to the configured Client-To-Site VPN on the Omada Controller. I can access all devices but by ip only and so I cannot access my emails since it can't access my Exchange server.

I noticed when connecting to the vpn from a windows pc, the dns that is provided by the Omada vpn is 8.8.8.8 and I don't know where it gets that from since I don't have that configured anywhere in the controller. I have a local ip for dns in LAN which points to my DC which works just fine and when a device is connected it gets the DHCP's local ip and the configured DNS (192.168.2.252). On the pc I can force the dns to use my dns server but on an iphone I cannot change the dns server for the vpn.

How can I get the Omada Controller to issue vpn users 192.168.2.252 for dns instead of 8.8.8.8 when connecting via its vpn? On the vpn page we can only configure the IP Pool but not DNS. I guess it has 8.8.8.8 configured internally for this and cannot be changed?

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN Connection Successful but can only access devices by ip - Omada Software Controller
2022-10-24 08:55:28

@yorkman 

You can try standalone mode.

Options
Re:VPN Connection Successful but can only access devices by ip - Omada Software Controller
2022-10-24 20:02:18 - last edited 2022-10-24 20:04:37

Thank you for that Somnus! I didn't expect standalone to have it. Why Omada wouldn't add it is beyond me. Now I have to, I assume, "forget" the router from Omada software controller, and I should be able to login to the router by ip? I'm worried the password won't work cuz right now it doesn't in standalone. It also says it's managed by Omada so hopefully that's why? I'd hate to have to reconfigure that thing from scratch if I have to reset it to Factory Defaults. Although I think if I Forget it from Omada it will also reset it (it says that near the Forget button).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 2

Related Articles