link aggregation working or not ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 22:48:09
Tags: #LAG
Model: T1700G-28TQ  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have an old qnap nas (ts-431) with 2 gigabit ports and i want to connect this to my tp-link t1700g-28tq switch with link aggregation to achieve at least 2gbps theoretical speed. 

So First i setup my nas like the fallowing

I tried both

Layer2 (MAC)

Layer2+3(MAC+IP)

And i could connect to my nas without doing any setup at tp-link switch but when i add lag at my tp-link switch i couldnt access my nas anymore. What am i doing wrong?

I attached cables coming from nas to switch's port 6 and 8 and nas is in vlan 10

Here are the setups i made at the switch.

Am i missing something here? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Options
5 Reply
Re:link aggregation working or not ?
2022-10-27 07:15:46

@orfenegro 

Two things you can try:

1. Try to re-config the VLAN settings. The "LAG port" may not work with VLAN that configured before;

2. Try Balance XOR option on the NAS

Options
2022-10-27 14:25:38

@Somnus Hi ,

ty for the help i will try to rebuild vlans but i have no hope for that, and i dont want to use balance xor as i understand it doesnt speed up transfer speed just load balancing or failover am i right?

Options
2022-10-28 04:27:09

@orfenegro 

From what I know, balance xor should also improve the bandwidth. It's kinda like "static LAG" or "manually LAG".

802.3ad is LACP or "auto" LAG

Options
2022-10-28 21:36:44

@Somnus 

I've managed to make it work finally with 802.3 ad, at least i can access nas from web console. The mistake i was making was, at vlan settings there was lag section which i didnt see. I removed the lag from vlan1 and set it to vlan10. Also removed ports from unit1 from both of them. Sadly performance is 50-55 mb write and 70-75 mb read with raid0 wd red pro drives Which is lower than ts-431 system specs. (80mb write- 110mb read)

Options
2022-10-29 12:28:32

@orfenegro 

For anyone who may have the same problem with me, i missed the section seen in the picture below

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 5

Tags

Related Articles