Problem with EAP225 in Omada environment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-27 14:04:45
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a problem with EAP-225 and don't know if any of you had any similar problem.

We have a client with small wireless system controlled by Omada OC200. I have a router with DHCP so OC200 is only taking care about wireless. I have 2 EAP-610 (indoor) and one EAP225 (outdoor) connected. I have 2 SSIDs created named Sajic and WiFi. All 3 APs are properly adopted through Omada and added to the system. Upgrade on all APs and controller was performed by Omada itself. 

When only EAP610s are connected to the system everything is working fine and correctly as it should. When I scan for wirelles networks I see both Sajic and WiFi networks available and I can connect and use both of them. But as soon as I connect EAP225 to the system, when I scan for wirelles network I see 2 SSIDs named "Sajic" and 2 SSIDs named "WiFi": Like it doubled existing SSIDs and add same SSIDs by itself. Same moment I disconnect EAP225 everything is back to normal and I can see only one "Sajic" SSID and one "WiFi" SSID. 

At the first moment I thought it was some problem with the MESH since EAP225 is on MESH, but when I connected it via LAN cable it behaved only the same.

Did anybody had similar problem and what is solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Drazen

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with EAP225 in Omada environment
2022-10-28 05:55:06

@DrazenArsenic 

Did you enable 6Ghz on wireless settings? EAP225 does not support 6Ghz, maybe that makes conflict with your existing EAP610 settings.

You can try to adopt the EAP225-OD then create a new test SSID, and check will this test SSID also "doubled" on client devices

Options
Re:Problem with EAP225 in Omada environment
2022-10-28 23:26:53 - last edited 2022-10-28 23:29:03

@Somnus First thing that was my suspect. I disabled 6 and even 5 GHZ and used only 2,4 but same problem existed. But thank you for your reply. But I could do delete all the APs and then first adopt EAP225 to see what happen, and then later try adding 610s. Thanks for the advice. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2

Related Articles