Frequent USB WAN and WAN disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-28 06:08:43 - last edited 2022-10-28 06:11:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, I've been using the ER605 V2 router for quite a few weeks. The USB(most problematic) and WAN connections disconnect and reconnect frequently. It disconnects and reconnects after 30-40 seconds, and the internet connection is dropped completely even though Load balancing is enabled. It is not a problem for streaming, but it definitely causes severe problems during conferences/calls. The main reason for purchasing Load balancing routers and failover routers is to have a redundant connection, but the router itself causes more trouble than solving the problem. The internet itself is fine and stable, and it's just the router disconnecting and reconnecting.

Please check the attached logs screenshot below.

When I called technical support, the support person asked me to change the WiFi channel on the AP settings. I don't understand how that is related to this problem. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Frequent USB WAN and WAN disconnects
2022-10-31 05:50:20

@Sathiya 

Have you tried to connect this USB modem to your laptop directly and test if it is stable?

Is there any Link Backup settings you've done? Try remove all link backup settings. (WAN port will turn to Down according to link backup settings)

Options
2022-10-31 08:25:15

@Somnus Yes, i tested the modem with my laptop and it is stable. As you can see in the screenshot, it is not specific to the USB modem, other WAN connections also reconnects but that's not frequent as USB modem. 

Only load balancing enabled, no link backups. I forget to mention in the initial message that I'm using the router with Omada. 

Options
2022-12-27 13:26:34

It turned out that the cable that I used was faulty. I used the simple ping command to find out. I connected the hotspot with a different cable to the laptop and pinged the Google DNS server, which didn't disconnect. I switched to the faulty cable, repeated the steps, and observed that the connection was often interrupted. I connected the working cable to the router, which has been running without disconnects for more than 4 hours now. Let's see. 

Options
2022-12-29 21:12:22

@Sathiya 

I've had the same issues since using the ER605 V2.
The network disturbances were unbearable and as long as there is no error-free firmware I removed the ER605 from my network.
Now I'm using my Fritz!Box 6590 as a cable router again.

Greetings, Thorsten

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 4

Related Articles