Loss of connectivity - Approx 5 Minutes Cycle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 12:51:02 - last edited 2022-12-14 09:08:46
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.5.1 Build 20220803 Rel.39745

Network was stable until late Friday approx 11pm.  Since then we are experiencing constant disconnect and reconnect issues.

The router is stable and connected.  Dual WAN

Both ISP confirms we are stable.

I have Omada OC200 site based device, this is connected to 5x EIP615 and 5x 24Port TP-Link managed switches.  All joined to the Omada.  The Switches are Physically connected to the Draytek into its 5 ports.

Any ideas?  I am off-site and only get to see the device briefly before it reboots again.  It is powered by POE from one of the switches.

Martin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Loss of connectivity - Approx 5 Minutes Cycle-Solution
2022-11-01 22:09:58 - last edited 2022-12-14 09:08:46

@Somnus You were correct, I had to attend site, the Omada was being reset too quickly and the logs were not helping they simply stated repeating disconnects from all switches.  I reset the switches to factory so that the Omada could be removed from the problem.  Reconnected the switches one at a time noting which one caused the Draytek to crash.  Having worked out which switch was affected, removed all the patch leads and then patched one at a time until a port threw the loopback on the switch.  Located a client suppled and connected switch connected to two wall ports in the building...... hey presto culprit located.

Thanks for the advice.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Loss of connectivity - Approx 5 Minutes Cycle
2022-11-01 07:27:10

@MartinLewis 

Is there any evidence on the Log like which port is blocked etc?

I suspect there is a loop on your switch network, so loop detection take effect in cycle.

Options
Re:Loss of connectivity - Approx 5 Minutes Cycle-Solution
2022-11-01 22:09:58 - last edited 2022-12-14 09:08:46

@Somnus You were correct, I had to attend site, the Omada was being reset too quickly and the logs were not helping they simply stated repeating disconnects from all switches.  I reset the switches to factory so that the Omada could be removed from the problem.  Reconnected the switches one at a time noting which one caused the Draytek to crash.  Having worked out which switch was affected, removed all the patch leads and then patched one at a time until a port threw the loopback on the switch.  Located a client suppled and connected switch connected to two wall ports in the building...... hey presto culprit located.

Thanks for the advice.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 2

Related Articles