OpenVPN is connecting but no access local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 20:00:55
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.1 Build 20220921 Rel.35880

I need some help with openvpn on my omada network. I configured the VPN as a client > server connection (ER605). Installed the openVPN client on my android phone, imported the profile and the VPN connects right away.

The problem is that I can't open anything on the local network. I have a website running at 192.168.0.xx and i can ping the site but i can't open de website. It looks like its loading for a sec but after that it keeps loading. I tried the same with a w10 laptop but it has the same problem.

I can ping the gateway, and from the local network i can ping the phone. But it looks like all other traffic is blocked.

I switched the VPN type to PPTP and it works right away.

Am i missing something? Do i need to configure something else? The controller has the latest firmware 5.6.4

Options
8 Reply
Re:OpenVPN is connecting but no access local network
2022-11-03 03:36:35

@debruina Once you make the connection, are you getting the same public IP as your network, if so, you are halfway there, I am thinking you have to forward a port on the 605 to access your web server. Are your network shares running on equipment with an ip addresses, if so you might have to also open a port to access those shares. meaning, to access your web server via an IP address you would have to include the IP:port number. 

Options
2022-11-03 06:19:49 - last edited 2022-11-03 06:20:32

@debruina 

Can you open the local web server via local IP address? (through OpenVPN)

To me, it seems like a DNS issue, or NAT loop issue.

Options
2022-11-03 07:29:14

@Somnus 

Somnus wrote

@debruina 

Can you open the local web server via local IP address? (through OpenVPN)

To me, it seems like a DNS issue, or NAT loop issue.

No that doesn't work. Like i said I can ping it, but thats it. The browser is not returning an error, it just keeps loading. I don't think you have to configure anything else. If so then they left it out of the instructions: https://youtu.be/F83QTND3Yp8

The client gets an ip address from the vpn pool 10.10.0.6. There are no errors in the openvpn log. I don't have any nat rules

Options
2022-11-03 07:32:24

KLX wrote

@debruina Once you make the connection, are you getting the same public IP as your network, if so, you are halfway there, I am thinking you have to forward a port on the 605 to access your web server. Are your network shares running on equipment with an ip addresses, if so you might have to also open a port to access those shares. meaning, to access your web server via an IP address you would have to include the IP:port number. 

@KLX 

No it get an ip address from the vpn pool: 10.10.0.6

I am not trying to access a network share. Its just a website running on the local network. Nothing fancy

Options
2022-11-03 11:57:59

@debruina 

Is there any Access Control settings on your router?

Options
2022-11-03 12:21:34

Somnus wrote

@debruina 

Is there any Access Control settings on your router?

No, there are no acls. Its all pretty straightforward. It's just one interface, no vlans or anything. The only thing i can think of is that in release 5.6.4 a few things have changed for openvpn and it also needs a firmware update for the gateway that had not yet been released. But i guess openVPN worked before this 5.6.4 release

Options
2022-11-08 10:08:40

Wireshark shows lots en lots of [TCP Dup ACK] errors.

I switched the openVPN protocol from UDP to TCP and it works right away. No idea if it is caused by the router or some UDP traffic is blocked by the cellphone provider.

Options
2022-11-25 16:32:24

I have a problem with OpenVPN after upgrading the Controller from 5.5.7 to 5.6.4, It stopped working and will not connect at all tried deleting and recreating the VPN but it didn't help. I switched to L2TP for now that is working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1635

Replies: 8

Related Articles