Everything was great until I changed a setting on my controller now the entire network is dead

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Everything was great until I changed a setting on my controller now the entire network is dead

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 20:20:50
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an OC300, multiwan router, all TPLINK, 5 access points and 2 of their switches. I lived the dream until yesterday I upgraded from the OC200 to the OC300 controller. Seemed to be fine, I also have 4 wan inputs being used. Everything was OK, then I noticed one wan kept getting used and shouldnt be, so I unchecked it. It said ti would reboot and when it did, I lost all connections to all my devices. Now no clients can connect, all APs are dead, no DHCP and they all are stuck in ADOPTING. I am so bummed out since with this controller I cant do much of anytuing now. It must be related to the migration, even though it took a day to show up. 

I am really feeling a lot of regret now since I am in the tech queue wirth no one on yet, my network is down and I have ivnested 2500 in gear and cant do anyhting. 

The controller is online and gets ot the internet but all devices are stuck at adopting. No idea what to do.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Everything was great until I changed a setting on my controller now the entire network is dead
2022-11-02 20:49:14
the migration from the oc200 to the oc300 clearly didn't work or it did for a day then all the devices are now offline. i am having a bad time trying to reset it all back to defaults and start over. i think i made a really bad choice with this gear. without the controller everyhtikgn is basically dead
Options
Re:Everything was great until I changed a setting on my controller now the entire network is dead
2022-11-02 21:27:03

@NewEnglander 

And now I am completely screwed, I just reset everything and I did hav a settings backup I started resetting each device and they all say ADOPT FAILED and even with retries they dont seem to do anything. This is the achilles heel of this system, when the controller goes bad you are locked out and lose everything. Fortunately I am within the return window on Amazon and I guess that's my only option. I couldn connect to tech support so I guess sadfly this is the end. I absloutely loved this system and I guess if you replace any components the system is not apacble of adjusting and clearly there is somethig there even after a reset to defaults. What a huge amount of time I spent on this. I would not reccomend this system to anyone, the amount of effort to repack and return a dozen devices is huge and I cant afford this happening if the controller fails in the future. Very bummed out.

Options
2022-11-03 06:14:20

@NewEnglander 

What is the IP address of your OC300 and other Omada devices? Adopting failed means they may not on the same network.

It's better to reset the controller first, no need to reset network devices like your router.

Make sure all devices are in the same subnet 192.168.0.1/24 then you will be able to adopt them.

Also note the managed switch will require 5-10min to reboot. That means you have to wait 10min every time you reboot the switch/controller. Power light on does not mean the device is ready to work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 3

Related Articles