Eap 225 connection lasts a few seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-04 18:32:51 - last edited 2022-11-04 20:38:08
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I have configured an Omada oc200 controller with 4 EAP 225. I have distributed the ESSID on all the eap, but I noticed that an EAP makes me connect the clients only if the device is very close, but immediately after it disconnects. The dislocation of these APs are divided into the 2nd floor and 2nd corridor. 2 EAPs are located at the ends of the corridor, in short, one in front of the other and the same arrangement on the lower floor. Only one, as previously mentioned, seems deaf, and not very powerful at the signal radiation at 2.5 ghz. The controller in the state of the EAPs does not report anything particular, it sees them all "connected in green".
What can I check? Could it be that the connection cable is to blame?
I state that I have not yet updated the omada oc200 and the related EAPs, as I intended to do so after having tested the system in its operation.
I believe the eap version is still 5.06 and oc200 is still 5.0.x.I also wanted to add or rather ask a question:
Before using a stable and functioning wireless management system, it is therefore mandatory to advise on the optimization of the channel and the power on the entire network of AP eap 225 in order to carry out a correct setup signal on the correct distribution of the?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Eap 225 connection lasts a few seconds
2022-11-05 10:21:49 - last edited 2022-11-05 10:23:21

@frankz66  When the client disconnects from the EAP, is it connecting immediately to another? I am assuming you have these setup in a mesh configuration. 

I have a somewhat similar setup but it is outdoor. One Central EAP610-Outdoor and 4 EAP225-Outdoor. I find that clients will connect to an EAP this farther away and will less signal than a much closer EAP.

I would start by testing with minimal factors, having only what is necessary to test the one EAP. Shut down all EAPs except the one. Connect and see if it stays connected. If it does not stay connected, shut it down and put one of the other EAPs in the same location. Connect and see if it stays connected. If it does then you have narrowed down to the AP itself. If it does not then the problem is elsewhere, maybe the cable that is powering it causing some anomaly or the location itself.

Options
2022-11-05 10:37:35
Hello and thank you for replying. In your opinion, could it be the cable, although oc200 does not signal interruption anomalies or anything else? However, I noticed on another system that I have that the optimization of the wifi affects a lot on the regulation of the power of the APs and on the use of the channel. What do you think about it ?
Options
2022-11-05 13:12:50 - last edited 2022-11-05 13:27:12

@frankz66 Is the cable only for power or is it wired back to a switch? If its just for power then unlikely but should be one of the more simple things to test. You need to start with a process or elimination.  Does not matter what order, just whatever is easiest for you.  1. Swap out the AP or the cable. 1. If the problem remains, swap out whatever you did not in the first step. If the issue still remains then start looking at settings.

Options
2022-11-05 14:30:21

@frankz66 write email to support instead of wasting time with Ricky who has no clue what he talks about, he thinks he helps you by disinformation but at the end he wastes your time.

Instead following idiotic suggestion, buy lan cable tester if you need to test oan cable, create separate ssid for each ap and test them one by one, install heat map application on your phone and measure in professional way your wireless and its coverage. Tplinks optimization is still in alpha and does not deliver optimal results. Like stated previously, contact better support as this Ricky fruit will make sure your thread gets spammed and locked.

Options
2022-11-06 09:52:00
Hello and thanks . Any kind of suggestion is to be considered a suggestion and therefore I do not think it is idiotic. It is true what you write about the instrument, which unfortunately I do not have in my possession. As the plant is in production, it is quite difficult for me to carry out these tests, but what I ask and if omada oc200 highlights in the "connect" status in green, can we say that if there is a problem with the cable related to the crimp or something else, it is not reported? I do not seem to have seen any errors in the logs that lead me to suspect errors, possibly I could actually replace some cables of the poe (production power supply) that go to the switch, as they do not seem to me to be well-made cables. As for the beta you are talking about, on another system, however, omada software created on VM ubuntu, does not report any "beta release", and trying to perform this procedure I solved a rather anomalous connection. To explain myself better I have two other two eap 225, one on a plane and the other on another plane, both symmetrical, in short, in the same vertical line. The clients, or rather some connected in the upper one, despite having the one available in the same at a very short distance. After performing the optimization, as previously written, the connection has been reestablished correctly! I know that this procedure analyzes channels and especially the powers of the radio.
Options
2022-11-06 11:47:43 - last edited 2022-11-07 00:16:05

@frankz66 Its easy to suggest something and not realize it may not be feasible for the person to carry out due to the nature of the installation so I apologize if that is the case.

"but what I ask and if omada oc200 highlights in the "connect" status in green, can we say that if there is a problem with the cable related to the crimp or something else, it is not reported? 

I would not suspect the cable if connection status shows successful. Since you don't have a tester, and it sounds like you cannot temporarily run a new cable, I would temporarily put another AP in place of the one in question and see if the same issue is present . If the new AP does not have the same issue, you have narrowed it down to the AP itself. If the new AP has the same issue, then it either the cable, location or configuration.

Options
2022-11-06 16:39:33

@frankz66 I am sorry to disappoint but if you believe your cable could have issue then ordering $ 10 cable tester will let you know if cable is good or not. Second option is to replace a cable which might not be broken and would cost way more if its not cheap cooper clad alu. Third option is to connect any device and see if it gets 1Gbit, then cable should be ok, if its 10Mbit, your cable has issues but here you would need again a tester.

So, to summarize it, if you deploy network you should have proper instruments and cable tester is something that you should have and be able to test existing as well as new cables.

For the rest, if it is not idiotic in your opinion like you say, then just go for it, its your time which you waste.

Options
2022-11-07 09:11:22
Hello and thank you for replying. What I wanted to say and that the other user has expressed an opinion of him or rather a point of view of him, as indeed you have expressed it, so if the google translation is correct the term idiot I think it is inappropriate . I believe that every user has the right to express their point of view, right or wrong. Therefore, personally I consider your answer to be very correct, taking nothing away from the others who have only expressed their opinion. Thank you for your intervention, which ultimately is what
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 8