VLAN Priority for voice network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 20:02:46
Tags: #Voip
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.6.1 Build 20220921 Rel.35903

Hi

I am currentry tying to setup a dedicated voice network. I have an ER605 router, two SG2008P switches and one Gigaset Go-Box 100 connected to one of the switch ports. I also have set a dedicated VLAN vor the voice network in the OC200 and added a profile with an untagged network that is not the voice network and the voice network as tagged with the voice network flag active. Now when I try to setup the Voip base I need to define the VLAN priority. But there is no such field to be defined in the Omada setup. I presume the checkbox for the voice network sets this but no value is given.

Which value do I have to set in the Voip base to allow  the box to retrieve an IP address? I have tried 0 and 7 with no success.

Best Carsten

Options
3 Reply
Re:VLAN Priority for voice network
2022-11-15 10:54:39

@modebm 

1 When you select the network to which a VoIP device (such as an IP phone) is connected as the voice network, Omada will automatically rank it as high priority.

2. You need to configure a network as a voice network by first configuring it as a Tagged network, by tagging the vlan where the voip is located.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-15 12:07:34
And secondly create a profile with a non-tagged network and the voip network as tagged and "voip"-enabled, correct? so far so good. I also have found out why I did not get an IP in the phone. I had a missconfiguration in the router. The switch did not know about the voip VLAN. I will try again as soon as I have the time and post the result
Options
2022-11-15 19:49:05 - last edited 2022-11-15 22:43:30

I have tried again. To no avail.

To explain the setup, just the part that plays a role:

Setup via OC200 (v5.6.4)

ER605 v2 (2.0.2 20220727 beta)

SG2008P (3.0.2)

Go-Box (version 623)

{Internet}<->[AVM Fritz!Box 6951]<-Exposed Host->[ER605]<-Trunk->[SG2008P]<-Voice enabled->[Gigaset Go-Box 100]

VLAN:

• Private (10.xx.yy.0/24) - VLAN-ID yy (not the default network!)
  • Voip (10.aa.bb.0/24) - VLAN-ID bb

VLAN Port Profile ("Voice enabled"):

• Native Network: Private
  • Tagged VLAN: Voip
  • Untagged VLAN: Private
  • Voice enabled: Voip

SG2008P Setup:

• Uplink-Port to 605 with Profile "All"
  • Port for Go-Box: "Voice enabled"

ER605 Setup:

• Downlink-Port with Private and Voip VLANs assigned (both tagged)

Setup in Go Box:

• VLAN-ID: bb
  • VLAN-Priority: 0

The result is, that the Go-Box does not get an IP address. But when I deactivate the VLAN in the Go Box it gets an IP from the private network. I am not sure if it is my setup, an incompatibility in approaches of voice priorities or the Go-Box to blame.

Aunt Edith said: Setting the port at the switch to Voip,Go-Box w/o tag I get an IP for the Voip network, but just with no QoS priority for the Voip traffic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 3

Tags

Voip
Related Articles