Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Upgrade
Upgrade
2022-11-16 11:52:44 - last edited 2022-11-21 06:36:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V1_1.2.1 Build 20220512

Dear All,

I have the following hardware TL-R605 V1 which I want to replace with a new router which I just ordered ER7206 (I do not know yet its hardware version) and controller OC200 V1 (built in Omada controller v5.6.4) which I want to replace with a new controller OC300. Both the router and the controller are connected now to the switch TL-SG2008P V1 (firmware version 1.0.5) and after that a number of switches and EAP access points are connected, all compatible with Omada Controller 5.6.4.

Since I want to perform the upgrade of the router and controller I want to know my order of actions to perform the upgrade.

Should I first upgrade the firmware of the new models of router and the controller in standalone way?

Should I first "forget" all EAPs and switches prior to the connection of a new controller?

Should I first replace my old router with a new one while my old controller is still in place and after that to make a backup of OC200 and use this backup to replace OC200 with OC300?

Thank You!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Upgrade-Solution
2022-11-17 08:50:46 - last edited 2022-11-21 06:36:44

@VitaliyT 

First make sure that the versions of the OC200 and OC300 are the same, then back up the OC200 files, forget all devices on the OC200 to standalone mode.

Next, use OC300 to manage these devices, including the gateway, and after all devices are connected, restore the backup files.

It is also advisable to ensure that the controller and gateway are always on the same network segment during this time.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Upgrade-Solution
2022-11-17 08:50:46 - last edited 2022-11-21 06:36:44

@VitaliyT 

First make sure that the versions of the OC200 and OC300 are the same, then back up the OC200 files, forget all devices on the OC200 to standalone mode.

Next, use OC300 to manage these devices, including the gateway, and after all devices are connected, restore the backup files.

It is also advisable to ensure that the controller and gateway are always on the same network segment during this time.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Upgrade
2022-11-17 10:44:14

@Virgo 

Thank You so much! As for OC200 replacement with OC300 it is absolutely clear for me now.

Could you please answer one more question regarding the upgrade of the TL-R605 V1 router with a new one. Should I upgrade (replace) the router first, prior to the replacement of the controller or after I replace the controller? What in your opinion is preferable? As I understand the settings of a router are saved in the controller's backup file?

Thank You!

Options
2022-11-18 06:25:55

@VitaliyT 

The settings for the gateway are also configured on the controller, and it should be the controller that sends down the configuration of this gateway to the current adopt's Omada Gateway.

In my opinion, as long as the controller is always on the same word network as the gateway, the problem is well solved.

Options
2022-11-19 15:08:21

@Virgo 

Thank You so much! I did everything tonight. First I have connected only the new router and controller and my windows notebook via a spare unmanaged switch, set up a permanent IP address for controller, restored the new controller with the backup file from my old one, amended a number of entries, passwords in the new controller, rebooted everything and disconnected. After that as per your advice I "Forgot" all the devices managed by OC200 controller (starting from access points first, after that managed switches and finally the old router). After that I disconnected both my previous router and controller, connected the new ones, powered them on, logged in to the new controller, adopted all the devices and everything is OK!

Thank You again for your help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 4

Related Articles