Omada Ecosystem devices losing internet connection although local connection is still fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Ecosystem devices losing internet connection although local connection is still fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 08:32:32
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Hi TP-Link Community,

I recently bought into the Omada ecosystem after seeing some positive reviews of the product and it seemed rather easy to configure and setup using the controller.

I am running the router ER605 v2.0, Switch TL-SG2218 v1.0, WAPs EAP115(EU) v4.0, EAP245(EU) v3.0 with the Omada controller running on CentOS.

I have configured VLANs as this was my main reason for purchase was to segment my network.

Upon first configuration I was extremely happy with how flawless and simple this was to configure using the Omada controller interface and was perfect for what I needed. After about 4 weeks of no issues and perfect operation of the network, I started to see some Large Ping attack messages and I also noticed that my internet would stop working and loading webpages would just time out. to fix this issue I just had to reboot the device to restore the connection. (Can confirm no issues from carrier side) This is 100% a issue with the hardware. after a few days I noticed the Large ping attack messages coming in more frequent. I also noticed that my internet connection would just stop working on all connected clients for no real apparent reason every day now. I noticed new firmware updates and a controller update and was hoping this would be the fix. After updating I have noticed this issue gets progressively worse to now I'm at the point of rebooting this equipment every 4 hours and some times the reboot just wont always work and I have to physically turn it off out the power point wait a bit and turn it back on.

I cant figure out what is happening as the NBN connection is perfectly fine with no drop outs what so ever. My local connection is perfect I can access my controller and other servers no issues when this happens. but for some reason the internet just breaks? the other thing I have noticed is that devices that are still streaming a connection, Netflix, Youtube, teams, etc all still work whilst the stream is still running, until you end the stream. Whilst the issue is happening trying to load any webpages on any devices just times out until I reboot the router and switch. it seems like a very strange issue that doesn't really make any sense I am almost convinced its a firmware issue and any help would be great please as this is starting the frustrate the hell out of me and almost at the point of going back to my basic home router.

Kind Regards

James

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Ecosystem devices losing internet connection although local connection is still fine
2022-12-09 09:44:42

So just to make this very Clear. This ended up being a DNS issue. On these routers you need to configure the DNS servers yourself. 

You can use the google DNS servers

hope this helps some one else having issues with the Omada ecosystem and internet connection issues. Its a shame the support team couldn't respond to this before hand. But overall the system has now been rock solid with no issues. Its a great system at the price, it has its floors. but once you understand the product more it makes sense. I will say as frustrating as it can be at times the Omada ecosystem is well priced for the low end equipment. there is no way I would be forking out in its current form for a 10Gbps switch or router. In saying that I do feel with time the system will become a lot better with more features. Overall its a simple ecosystem to manage and perfect for a home use environment to very small business.

Options
Re:Omada Ecosystem devices losing internet connection although local connection is still fine
2023-05-31 18:11:29

@jjjjjj I have the same issue, but I do have DNS configured, where within the controller did you input the DNS? 

Options
2023-06-08 13:59:10 - last edited 2023-06-08 14:03:02

@whoezdaboss 

Under setting cogwheel > wired networks > internet > advanced settings

DNS setting

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2040

Replies: 3

Related Articles