LAG

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAG

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LAG
LAG
2022-11-20 00:57:48
Tags: #LAG
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am considering  the TL-SG2008 to improve performance and reliability of some wireless links.

I presently have three wireless links from a fibre optic Gigabit connection to a mountain top repeater site 7 km away.  I then use other wireless radios to distribute internet to some rural customers.

I manually (remotely) switch between the links to optimize performance depending on weather and interference.

One link is a Ubiquiti AF60LR with gigabit thru put.  The other two links are Ubiquiti PBE5AC radios with 300Mbps thru put each (gigabit ethernet).

The 60G radio can fade during rain and has a Ethernet fail switch that can be triggered when capacity drops to prevent packet loss/resends.

I presently need to manually switch to a 5G radio when performance drops. 

From reading about LAG, it would seem that all three links could be aggregated to increase speed (to 1.6Gbps?) and provide automatic fail over.

I believe I would need a switch at each end of the link.

Is the TL-SG2008 a suitable piece of equipment for this application?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Al

Options
1 Reply
Re:LAG
2022-11-22 07:38:13

@Al_H 

All I know is that LAG can be used like this.
How to configure 802.1Q VLAN for LAG ports/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options