EAP constantly disconnecting and dropping connections - help needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-21 09:08:13 - last edited 2022-11-21 09:16:34
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20180418 Rel. 74831

Hopefully someone can help me. I set up 3 EAPs in my home 5yrs ago. Setup is: BT HomeHub5 router with wifi turned off. 2 x EAP110 and 1 x EAP 110 outdoor, all wired with cat6 cable. I use the Omada controller, v 3.1.4. All EAPs use the same SSID. I have chosen channels 1,6,11 for them, to avoid overlap. No other 2.4GHz in my house. Everything worked perfectly until 4 days ago. One of the EAP cat cables was unplugged by accident. Since I plugged it back in all of them are causing problems. I can see on the Omada controller that they will randomly show as "disconnected", or "provisioning", even though I havent done anything to them or changed any omada settings. I also havent changed any settings on the router. When they do show as "Connected" the internet connection is very inconsistent - sometimes it is connected and sometimes there is no internet connection.

I have quite a few devices using wired connections direct to the router. No issues at all with those devices.

I have added a screenshot of my log from the omada controller to show the cycling between connected & disconnected. I don't know what the "changed LAN IP and mask" means but there are a few of those on the log.

I don't understand why they keep cycling through "Disconnected", "Provisioning", and even when connected sometimes there are random dropouts with the internet connection. If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP constantly disconnecting and dropping connections - help needed
2022-11-21 11:52:35

@wagonface Ican't explain what is going on but the first thing I would do is "Forget" all the APs and add them back and see if that fixes the issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1058

Replies: 1

Related Articles