Problems setting up a second SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-25 15:09:05
Model: OC300   ER7206 (TL-ER7206)   EAP653  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I am having trouble making the second SSID in my network.

I created a first SSID with:

LAN 192.168.0.1

SSID Name1 + Guest Network

DHCP 192.168.0.2-252

Regularly working.

I want a second SSID that goes on the internet completely disconnected from the other network. So I created a new profile with

SSID Name2

LAN by Name2 with IP 192.168.100.1/24

DHCP 192.168.100.2-252

The second network does not release the IP address. I connect and any device tells me "ip address configuration error" and disconnects. If, on the other hand, I associate the first LAN with SSID Name2, obviously release the IP and navigate but with the first ip address.

Any Tips? First time using omada and can't understand the problem.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems setting up a second SSID
2022-11-28 11:24:15

@Marco.V 

You need to bind different VLAN Interfaces to different ports by selecting different ports of the router when setting up the VLAN Interface.

Then, when setting the SSID, tag the corresponding VLAN ID, for details, you can refer to this FAQ:

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-28 11:37:22

@Virgo 

hi Virgo, so are you telling me that the problem is physical? I have only one cable that is connected directly to the router port and then connected to the switch. To manage 2 ranges of different IP addresses, should I bring a second cable to another LAN port on the router? It seems to me an incredible thing if this were really the case, a very heavy limitation if I think that I have an ubiquiti system of at least 3-4 years that allows you to create SSIDs and VLANs without having to go through physical cables. Also because in my case, the switch is not managed.

But if I misunderstood, i ask for help

Options
2022-11-29 05:54:07

@Marco.V 

Put another way.
1. set two different VLAN Interfaces to be applied to all ports of the gateway
2. set two SSIDs with different VLAN IDs to be applied to the EAP
3. make two corresponding VLAN entries on the middle connected switch, without tagging any data

It should be possible to connect clients with different SSIDs located in different VLANs.
The point is that the switch should also be set up with the corresponding VLANs, which are applied to the whole network.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 3

Related Articles