TL-SG105E smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG105E smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG105E smart switch
TL-SG105E smart switch
2022-11-26 16:10:52
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Recently had cat 6 cabling done to new outside office. Planning to link it to my in house router. Have been told by ISP the router has only one operational port, despite being 3 others on it, so they have sent me this switch to attach to router. Have linked router to switch port 1, then linked my home wi fi booster to port 2 to enable my in house wi fi. All good so far, wi fi good and strong BUT no success when linking the outside office by cat 6 cable to port 3 of switch, just showing no connection out there in office when viewed on ethernet to laptop. I know the cabling is all good as I removed the home wi fi booster from the router and just ran the office cable off the no1 router port without the switch and it worked. But I need both in home wi fi and the office ethernet working simultaneously. What am I doing wrong ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E smart switch
2022-11-27 11:48:29

@TG01 Just for process of elimination, put the office cable on Port 2 since you know it works, and move home Wi-Fi to port 3. That will either confirm or eliminate port 3 as the issue. If the issue follows the cable to port 2 then its likely some kind of configuration problem. What is connected at the other end of the office cable, another router or switch?

Options
2022-11-27 12:13:23

@RickJamesBish  thanks for message. The problem is not a port problem. Have used different ports and result is same. What I am trying now is switch connected to router, ethernet in any port connected to laptop. That works good. Then when add my home wi fi booster to any port on switch the result is then that home wi fi works good but ethernet to laptop reads unidentified network  - no Internet.

Options
2022-11-27 13:32:31 - last edited 2022-11-27 13:33:08

@TG01 You really need a diagram when throwing around router, switch , booster, ports, etc. For example your booster. What is it exactly? Does it handle DHCP?  Post brand and model.  It eliminates a lot of confusion. There is a free one located at Visual Paradigm Online.

So you are saying it works with the top configuration but when you add the "booster" your laptop no longer works? If so there is probably a configuration conflict being caused by the booster.

8b1cae84480f416b9970fc6d14200439

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 3

Related Articles