Dynamic DNS setting wrong WAN IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-27 09:17:48
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I have an OC200 controlled ER7206  connected to two ISPs (WAN + WAN/LAN1)

WAN is connected to a publicly accessible dynamic IP, WAN/LAN1 is not publicly accessible.

Despite setting the interface to WAN in the Services->Dynamic DNS page, it keeps using the IP of WAN/LAN1.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Dynamic DNS setting wrong WAN IP
2022-11-29 07:00:54

@k3dx 

This is such a weird question.
How exactly is DDNS set up?
Are the account secrets all correct?
Confirm that the DDNS Server is working correctly?
Can you provide a screenshot to show how you know that it is using another WAN IP?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-29 11:13:37

Virgo wrote

@k3dx 

This is such a weird question.
How exactly is DDNS set up?
Are the account secrets all correct?
Confirm that the DDNS Server is working correctly?
Can you provide a screenshot to show how you know that it is using another WAN IP?

@Virgo
Yes it is weird, but I feel like it's a bug than anything.

Here's the DDNS settings page.

It does update properly when I save the settings, but after it auto-updates in around an hour it'll be set with the wrong IP.
I check the no-ip website to see what IP is there to confirm. 

WAN has a 180.x.x.x ip, WAN/LAN1 has 112.x.x.x. 
It sets 180.x.x.x once I press save but it goes to 112.x.x.x after the auto update.

Options
2022-12-01 05:40:39

Dear @k3dx ,

k3dx wrote

It does update properly when I save the settings, but after it auto-updates in around an hour it'll be set with the wrong IP.
I check the no-ip website to see what IP is there to confirm. 
WAN has a 180.x.x.x ip, WAN/LAN1 has 112.x.x.x. 
It sets 180.x.x.x once I press save but it goes to 112.x.x.x after the auto update.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID221201141, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 3

Related Articles