VLAN subnet IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN subnet IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN subnet IP Address
VLAN subnet IP Address
2022-11-30 15:03:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

I am struggling with what is probably a very basic setting I am missing.

I am using an ER605 router with the Omada controller software on my desktop PC.

I created a new wired network (subnet 4), but the computer keeps pulling an ip address from the default subnet (subnet 0).  Thus, my ip address is 192.168.0.108 rather than 192.168.4.XXX.

Here are some images.

Network Page:

The page for TEST network:

The port profile page seems to be correct.

I thought that I had to remove the port from the default LAN, but I can;t make any changes to the default interface.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN subnet IP Address
2022-12-01 13:06:17

@polson 

This is normal because you still can not set PVIDs for the gateway's ports on the current controller although you can bind different VLAN Interfaces to different ports.

If you are connected to a device that can handle Tagged data, then this device may be able to obtain the corresponding IP address.
However, the PC can only handle Untagged data, and in the case of multiple VLAN Interfaces set up, only the IP address of the default VLAN can be obtained.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:VLAN subnet IP Address
2022-12-01 14:47:51

Thank you for the reply, I understand.

I had been able to get this setup working using the ER605 in standalone mode, so it seems strange that the controller software does not support this functionality.

None of my switches are Omada aware, so I think the way to go is to get an Omada aware switch and do it that way.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 2

Related Articles