Omada Software + Surfshark OpenVPN client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-01 09:35:17
Tags: #openvpn client
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello gentlemen,

I have exactly same issue here as many other TP-Link customers: I got a ER605 V2 with latest firmware to work just fine using a IPSec Site-2-Site with my Sophos XG Firewall. Also, same test done using OpenVPN client config and creds from Surfshark and my Router Asus works perfectly.

No matter what ER605 never works with OpenVPN when configured as a client and servers requires user and pass...

I can put some screenshots if necessary, but a lot of folks out there on this community have exactly same issue, so I think would be a good idea for TP-Link to make it work, right?

Bought my on Amazon and still have weeks to send it back, just trying to avoid all the issue with...

Summary:

• TP-LINK ER605 V2 Router with firmware ER605(UN)_V2_2.0.1 Build 20220223
  • Omada Controller Software version 5.7.4

Adding a PDF file for TP-Link tech support see if they want more details; however, based on all the complains I see around this Forum I am starting to think it will be just one more topic...

Thanks anyway for reading this thread!

File:
OMADA ER605 V2 OPENVPN CLIENT NOT WORKING.pdfDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Software + Surfshark OpenVPN client
2022-12-02 07:07:21

Dear @CallMeChris ,

CallMeChris wrote

I have exactly same issue here as many other TP-Link customers: I got a ER605 V2 with latest firmware to work just fine using a IPSec Site-2-Site with my Sophos XG Firewall. Also, same test done using OpenVPN client config and creds from Surfshark and my Router Asus works perfectly.

No matter what ER605 never works with OpenVPN when configured as a client and servers requires user and pass...

I can put some screenshots if necessary, but a lot of folks out there on this community have exactly same issue, so I think would be a good idea for TP-Link to make it work, right?

Bought my on Amazon and still have weeks to send it back, just trying to avoid all the issue with...

The latest firmware version of ER605 V2 is not yet adapted with controller V5.6 and above.

The features of OpenVPN Client with account and password settings that you have mentioned are new features in V5.6.

Please wait until the next firmware release for controller V5.8 is available.

According to the information I have received from the support team, the next version of the firmware will be released in the near future.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Software + Surfshark OpenVPN client
2022-12-02 09:35:41

@Hank21 

Hi there!

This is great news and a very good explanation. Thank you so much for sharing the information!

Not sure why it is not a public information, there are so many folks out there trying the exactly same configuration. I was almost to send my ER605 back to store based on this failure, but now I can just wait and see how will be after the upgrade.

Thanks again, Hank.

Best,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 2

Tags

openvpn client
Related Articles