Where and how do I add internet security to my whole network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 21:51:19
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

Newbie question.... I have four EAP 245 AP's installed via a TP-Link PoE switch. Controller is running on Win10

I need to add internet security... anti-virus, firewall, parental controls, etc. Instead of me buying Norton/McAfee/etc and loading onto each PC client, what do I need to do to load at the network level in the same way that a usual business would? 

I know on single modem/router networks, this is done directly in the modem/router software but I'm guessing for my scenario something needs to be installed and configured on the PC that is running the Omada Controller?

Thanks..

Options
2 Reply
Re:Where and how do I add internet security to my whole network
2022-12-05 08:28:25

@Arjay 

It' not a thing for data link later devices. Switch/EAP are only transmitting data in local network, from your router to your client device.

I will recommend Deco as your router. Your requirement is actually for home usage. SMB routers are designed for some special requirement like VPN server, portal authenticatio, VLAN etc.

Options
Re:Where and how do I add internet security to my whole network
2022-12-06 00:40:31

@Arjay 

Adding APs to the network is a very good move for anybody who wants to improve his/her internal network. However, those APs just take over handling internal WiFi traffic. Your Internet router is usually the one to deal with Internet security. 

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 275

Replies: 2

Related Articles