Do TP-Link Routers have IPv6 Firewall Features?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 02:19:01 - last edited 2022-12-07 14:01:38

Does TP-Link offer any routers - wired or wireless - that provide IPv4 and IPv6 firewall protection, including "stealth" vs "closed" ports? Thanks.

PS: The ER605 models apparently do not offer IPv6 firewall protection, nor do they offer "stealth" ports.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Router Recommendation Requested
2022-12-06 22:01:35

@Gary_E 

I believe any router they sell (and any other brands made today as well) would meet those requirements.

You'd be better served detailing what you are planning to use the router for, if you are looking for a recommendation.

Options
Re:Router Recommendation Requested
2022-12-06 23:08:13

@ADIT

I thought the same as you, that any mainstream network equipment manufacturer would include IPv6 firewall and port stealth features. Sadly, that's not the case with TP-Link. I have an ER605 V1 and a V2. Both support IPv6, but neither includes any IPv6 firewall features, nor does the manufacturer bother to mention this serious omission - as best I can tell. In addition, neither has current firmware that offers port stealth (the latest beta for V2 might, but I have no more time to waste on this product). This is not to mention the astonishing DHCP problems with V1.

I don't know about other TP-Link routers, which is why I asked.

Search the forum here and you will discover that others have reported these issues as well.

Options
Re:Do TP-Link Routers have IPv6 Firewall Features?
2022-12-08 19:41:31

I suppose the lack of response is my answer. 

Options
2022-12-08 22:21:22

@Gary_E 

Did you create an IP Group and try to apply it to a Rule?

Options
2022-12-09 01:51:19

@ADIT

IP Group using IPv6? How?

This is what I see when try to create IP Group:

Thank you.

-----------

Controller:

Router:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1027