Devices not getting an IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-07 15:00:51
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20210531

Hi Guys,

I just got my new TP LINK TL-SG3452P to upgrade my network setup at home and as far as I know I setup the vlan and trunking right.  If I plug my laptop/desktop on port it gets and IP address from my pfsense router and it can go out to the internet with no problem. But when I plugin my devices such as 2 access point (router has been converted to accesspoint), iptv and IOT device and can't get an IP address from my pfsense router.  I still got my cisco switch catalyst 2900 series and still working.  Any help/advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Devices not getting an IP address
2022-12-07 18:55:14

@Penduko 

In CISCO switches, setting up VLANs is very simple. You just define ports as access ports to a VLAN or as trunks. That's not so simple in switches made by most of other companies. In addition to setting the Untagged/Tagged properties correctly, you also need to set the Port VLAN ID (PVID) property for each port individually. People with CISCO experience often do not realize the latter.

Kris K
Options
2022-12-08 11:29:16

@KJK 

Thanks for responding to my post.  I am aware of that as you said you need to assign each and every port the pvid  and I tried couple of things based on the documentation based on the model of the switch but still not dice.

Options
2022-12-08 13:42:23

@Penduko 

Maybe inspecting the MAC address and ARP tables can shed some light on this unusual phenomenon.

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 3

Related Articles