Votes

Block inter-LAN routing when ER605 is managed via Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-17 10:28:40 - last edited 2023-02-04 09:18:54
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Reminding the team about this one. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/540440

Request: The ability to block inter-LAN routing when using Omada Controller. As of 17/12/22, this is not implemented.

I had a customer yesterday complain that people using their guest network (on a seperate VLAN) is able to access a NAS on the main network. As they do not have any smart switches at all to configure additional VLAN's, I was not able to block access via a gateway ACL. A block was put in the NAS's security settings to block access to the guest subnet but this should not be required. There is other devices that "guests" do not need access to as well that do not have this feature.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Block inter-LAN routing when ER605 is managed via Omada Controller
2022-12-20 03:36:32

@Reaper_1994 

Do you mean the function like below:

If so, the new firmware version of controller is already supported, but we need to wait for the release of the new firmware for ER605 adapted with V5.6 before we can do it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-20 03:51:36

@Virgo Does that work without an accompanying TP-Link Omada switch? If so, then yes.

E.g I've got an ER605 V2, LAN1 goes to my server running Hyper-V that has a virtual switch on a VLAN. Right now, I can ping between the 2 LAN's with a policy to stop it.

OR

Customer has a Ubiquiti AP connected to LAN2 broadcasting 2 SSID's. One of them is on a VLAN for guests however even though it has a different IP range, guests can still access the main LAN even with 2 gateway policies to block them.

Options
2023-02-04 09:18:49

This has been added in Omada 5.7.4 with router firmware 2.1.0.

Omada has also been updated to 5.8.4.

Closing request.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 547

Replies: 3

Voters 2