EAP 225 outdoor mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 17:00:06

I have one eap225 hardwired to my router that works great for distributing my Wi-Fi throughout my yard. I just purchased another and would like to mesh them together for a stronger signal farther away from the house. I am having trouble finding instructions on how to properly configure them. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP 225 outdoor mesh network
2022-12-19 04:07:23

@Cory.s 

First your Omada SDN controller / existing EAP225 should have MESH networking enabled.  

Just power up the new EAP225 Outdoor as it is factory default.   It will scan, find the host EAP, and it will show up on the dashboard.  

Click on the new EAP225 and accept it... Adopt...  That is all.  Simple!  

My steps might not be exact, but I recall that the process is very simple and intuitive.  

However, no AI Frequency selection with MESH.  Doesn't look like you need it anyway.  

I didn't try this in standalone mode, but it shouldn't be much different.  Find the help files and FAQ in this forum.  

RF Dude

Options
Re:EAP 225 outdoor mesh network
2022-12-20 07:11:05
Options