Votes

PPSK Support for ax APs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

PPSK Support for ax APs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PPSK Support for ax APs
PPSK Support for ax APs
2022-12-21 01:44:33
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

It would be nice if PPSK support would be added to the EAP610. Hard to migrate a network using EAP245 and EAP225's that uses the feature when the already purchased EAP610's don't support it. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:PPSK Support for ax APs
2022-12-21 04:00:17

@Project25 Hugely agreed. I upgraded my Omada SDN Controller yesterday and PPSK options are available in there. I excitedly configured it both with and without RADIUS, and the APs just don't broadcast the SSIDs that have this setting configured. 

Looking forward to this feature being introduced so I can optimize my SSID deployment instead of broadcasting a bunch of SSIDs.

Options
Re:PPSK Support for ax APs
2022-12-22 09:30:54

@Project25 For more detail see this Reddit thread <<https://www.reddit.com/r/TPLink_Omada/comments/wetfpp/does_ppsk_work_on_eap610/>>

The short is, that 4-5 months ago when the new small form APs came out, PPSK didn't work on them.  The issue traces back to the chip maker code, and TPLink was going to get the code issue resolved and out in new firmware.  The new firmware still has not been released.  The reddit user rick_tp_link, no longer works at TPLink.

So this is yet another "This feature requires firmware updates to be released later".  I'm beginning to think TPLink will abandon the first gen small form APs (they already have a 610v3), since there are so many features that need a firmware fix and there haven't even been partial releases (except for the failed 610v2 update a week or two ago).

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 312

Replies: 2

Voters 3