Problem with OpenVPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-21 21:22:26 - last edited 2022-12-21 21:30:19
Tags: #openvpn
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20220727 Rel.51535

Is there an issue with the OpenVPN server implentation on this unit?

-It forces you to use minimum of 6 IPs in the pool.

-It uses the highest IP (192.168.5.22) every time for the 1st client connected (I assumed it would start with 16.. is this normal?); also I cannot reserve any of the IPs in that particular range to any client in any way, is this not possible?

-I cannot connect with any other device, it allows just 1 client connenction, the 1st one connects, if I try to connect with another I get a "user authentication failed". If I disconnect the 1st client, and try again on the 2nd client, it connects without issue. It's my understanding that if you are allowing a 6 IP range then I should be able to connect 6 clients, but only 1 can connect.

I am running this beta fw because of the stealth port issue and have not seen a new release for firmware, in particular one with WireGuard (which supposedly is coming?).

Please advise ASAP for the fix here.

TY

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem with OpenVPN server
2022-12-23 07:44:05

@words 

This is normal, VPNs use several IPs by default to act as virtual IPs when setting up a Tunnel.

Also, as far as I know, VPN-based address reservation is not currently supported.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-23 14:18:21
I can live with those things, but the fact that only a single client can connect and then the rest can't connect is a huge problem. I read somewhere that these run a 7 year old version of openwrt on them...
Options
2023-01-07 12:31:58

I have the same problem. I cannot use more than 1 connection. The specifications say 20 VPN tunnels are supported and that is why I choose the box. What I also miss is username and password authentication for OpenVPN 

Options
2023-01-07 14:12:25

When will TP-:Link address this problem? How does one submit a support ticket to get this resolved??

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 4

Tags

openvpn
Related Articles