Cannot select profile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot select profile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot select profile
Cannot select profile
2022-12-27 18:19:14
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.1 Build 20211105 Rel.57589

Hi,

i created several VLANs (and Omada created the associated profiles for me). But it noch possible to select all of the profiles in the Port configuration of my TPLTLSG2428P switch. I haave just "All", "Disabled", my custom WLAN-Profile and 3 of the 5 auto-created VLAN profiles available. 2 are missing. But there were available in the past, because i currently have several port configured to one the non-selecteable VLANs. When i edit an existing port, i also connto select the port again.

any idea for me?

Regards Dave

Options
7 Reply
Re:Cannot select profile
2022-12-28 09:23:33

@Frickeldave 

I'm confused on your issue, can you share screenshots to show it?

Did this issue occur after upgrading firmware version of controller?

Did you use the Batch Config?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-28 16:21:26

@Virgo 

Hi, 

i didn't updated anything the last time. 

Here is a screenshot where you can see the profiles and the selection at one of the switch ports. Underneath i created a screenshot of the 51-profile (i currently can add to the port) and the 54-profile (i want to select but unfortunately can not).

Options
2022-12-29 09:28:01 - last edited 2022-12-29 09:36:27

@Frickeldave Thank you for posting the screenshots.  What version of Omada are you using, it looks like an older UI?  Also look to having the switch firmware updated, the current set is stable.  Have you rebooted the Omada server/controller recently?  I've noticed odd behavior on the software controller after long periods without reboot.  Are you using an Omada router?  Is your uplink profile on Port 24 set to ALL, or is it limited to specific networks?  Are the profiles that are not showing set come from the router port connected to switch Port 24?  Are the networks Interface, or VLAN?

Options
2022-12-29 15:13:22

@JoeSea 

Hi, thanks fpr the hints. The system is up since 11 months without any reboot. Probably that can be the issue, i will search for a slot where i can do the reboot. 

The firmware versions are: 

Controller: 4.3.5 Build 1.8.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58757

Router TPLER605 Version 1.1.1

Switch TPLTSG2428P Version 4.0.1

4 Hotspots TPLEAP225 Version 5.0.5

And how can i update? The guide here (Aktualisierungsanleitung für den neuen Omada-SDN-Controller | SDN | TP-Link) is outdated. When i navigate to "Settings -> Maintenance -> Check for upgrade" i get the message "cloud access is not enabled". Is it really needed to download the firmware and update it manually? And whats about the other devices? Do i really have to update them with the "Custom upgrade option"?

To the rest of the questions: 
The uplink is connected to a TPLER605 with the "All" profile configured. The profiles are all "Network interfaces". When i select the router an click on the "Networks-Tab", all networks are listed. 

Regards

Dave

Options
2022-12-29 17:43:05

@Frickeldave Yeah, if the controller site does not have a TPLinkID associated with it, you will need to go to the respective support pages for each device and download the updates.  Start with the the controller, then the switch, then APs, and wait on the router.  To make the update easier, you can associate your TPLinkID that you use here, with the controller for upgrade, then disassociate after the upgrades are finished.

I have my sites associated so I can also use the cloud and phone app interfaces, so I have a very strong password here.

Options
2022-12-31 10:37:41

@JoeSea 

hey, after updating to the newest version everything works as expected and i can choose the VLANs now. Thank for your help here.

Regards

Dave

Options
2022-12-31 21:45:38

@Frickeldave Great to hear.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 7

Related Articles