Clients wired/wireless disconnecting several times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-28 00:58:55
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, Im from Brazil and I've read a lot of topics with similar issues but I didn't find any final solution.

My network environment is as follows:

ISP        -->        ER605 --> T1600G (Unmanaged) 

Omada OC200   --> T1600

3 EAP 660 HD --> T1600 (wired)

3 IP Reoling Cameras --> T1600 (wired)

Several Iot devices connect to an IoT Lan via 2.4Ghz wireless 

I've been facing several disconnections with all clients (wired or wireless) every day.

Omada OC200 - version 5.7.6

ER605 v1 1.2.1

Also, my Omada Cloud keeps disconnecting and connecting, like all clients, several times throughout the day.

Are there any solutions available?

Best

Igor

Options
4 Reply
Re:Clients wired/wireless disconnecting several times
2022-12-28 12:10:40

@IgorNassif 

Based on your description, it looks like your entire network has instability issues and the problem may lie with the router.

Suggest that you first check whether the modem connected to router is able to work stably.

After that, use a PC connected directly to the router and you can continuously ping 8.8.8.8 to check if the router has any dropout problems.

If the router is OK, then check the switch in the same way. I think it is crucial to locate which device is the problem first.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-29 01:16:31

@Virgo 

Modem is working perfectly. When I turn on modem Wi-Fi (which is also a cheap router) and I connect using a mobile phone or laptop connection is consistent. 

im suspecting that is the router as well. I have three reolink poe cameras wired to the switch and they are also disconnecting throughout the day.

do you have any suggestion on how to solve this?

I've downgraded er605 to 1.1.1 (read that it was a possible solution) but it didn't work either. 

Options
2022-12-29 06:28:11

@IgorNassif 

As I mentioned in the last reply, it is recommended to connect a PC to the LAN port of the router and do constant Ping tests.
You can ping ER605 LAN IP /t and you can ping 8.8.8.8 /t

Observe the results of the ping test and see if the Request Time out is frequently displayed at certain times.
If so, then the router has the dropout issue and suggest you can reset ER605 and try reconfiguring it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-31 20:39:38
Hi, I've found the issue. It was the switch's IP which is the same as the router from factory (static 192.168.0.1). This is causing all the issues I had. Just connected to the switch and change it to another static IP and everything is going just fine. Tks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 297

Replies: 4