Votes

Request: ACL rules, colors, bidirectional and copy functions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-29 12:57:04
Model: EAP225   ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

New to business devices so I do not have a baseline to compare Omada to anything else but I have noticed that when creating ACL rules its very easy to miss if rule made is permitted or denied as it does not change color or use any other obvious thing (besides looking at spec columns) to differentiate between permitted/denied.
Workaround this problem is to use plus sign before rule name to distinguish permitted from denied. Its also easy to (miss)place permitted under denied rule, rendering it useless.

Also noticed that bidirectional rules can be used only for networks and not for IPs or groups. Can this be added ?

Is it possible to create a copy function for implemented ACL rules so that we do not have to start from scratch. 

Thanks

1x ER-7206 1x C200 2x EAP245 1x SG2008P
Options
2 Reply
Re:Request: ACL rules, colors, bidirectional and copy functions
2022-12-30 07:31:50

@ProSumerTester 

Deny and Permit do have a colour distinction:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Request: ACL rules, colors, bidirectional and copy functions
2022-12-30 09:25:42 - last edited 2022-12-30 09:26:28

@Virgo 

that is correct what you say, they do have different colors (arrows) but not when they are added to the ACL list as you can see from screenshot below.It would be easier from get go with colors, for example if we had green color for permitted rules and red for denied ones.

1x ER-7206 1x C200 2x EAP245 1x SG2008P
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 349

Replies: 2

Voters 2