EAP653 dead after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP653 dead after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP653 dead after reset
EAP653 dead after reset
2022-12-30 07:51:48 - last edited 2022-12-30 09:06:45
Model: EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20220921 Rel. 73428

Hi 

this morning all WiFi was dead and my two EAP653 where rebooting constantly (provision<->disconnected). I thought they both got problems as they where updated to the pulled f/w 1.0.4 some weeks ago. So I tried a reset on one of them. This didn't work so I rebooted router, switch and ap all together. This made most of the devices return, except the one I have tried to reset. It sits dead on the water. I can ping it but I cannot reach the web interface and I cannot adopt it to the controller as it does not show up as an Omada device. It is listed in the clients list with an IP of the default network. 

Resetting or rebooting by power-cycling does not work. I have reset the AP first by pushing the reset button while it is plugged in (PoE) and then by pushing the button while the device is not plugged in and then plugging it in while pressing.

While writing I just see: there seems to be a firmware update for the switches pushed this night that caused the original problem of rebooting switches. Nontheless the AP is dead. The last times the update did not go automatically and I had to do it by triggering it manually. Not this time (?!?).

I am a bit frustrated after reading here for a while and this is the second time for me that the system fails and loose trust.

Stack:

1x OC200 v2.0 (2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608)

1x ER605 v2.0 (2.0.2 Build 20220727 Rel.51535)

2x TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.4 Build 20221130 Rel.42340)

2x EAP653 v1.0 (1.0.4 Build 20220921 Rel. 73428)

1x TL-SG1005P

Best Carsten

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP653 dead after reset-Solution
2022-12-30 08:58:59 - last edited 2022-12-30 09:06:45

After fiddling with it for another hour I was able to get the AP back again.

It seems that after the reset the AP was not able or willing to be adapted to Omada but was in standalone mode waiting to be setup. Additionally it was in the default network and not in the management network anymore and did not accept connections from other networks. But the controller and my laptop both where connected in the management network. So I had to force the AP into the management network by changing the port at the switch accordingly. This allowed me to access the web interface and setup the AP in standalone and then adopt it to the controller by setting the URL in the settings. After that I had to setup management VLAN once more and now I am back.

Why did the AP get into the reboot cycle after the F/W update of the switches? Why did the switches need another power cycle to work  again properly? This costed me 2h of work! Thinking twice: Why did the router have problems after the firmware update of the switches (the second switch was not rebooted, only the router and the first switch)?

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP653 dead after reset-Solution
2022-12-30 08:58:59 - last edited 2022-12-30 09:06:45

After fiddling with it for another hour I was able to get the AP back again.

It seems that after the reset the AP was not able or willing to be adapted to Omada but was in standalone mode waiting to be setup. Additionally it was in the default network and not in the management network anymore and did not accept connections from other networks. But the controller and my laptop both where connected in the management network. So I had to force the AP into the management network by changing the port at the switch accordingly. This allowed me to access the web interface and setup the AP in standalone and then adopt it to the controller by setting the URL in the settings. After that I had to setup management VLAN once more and now I am back.

Why did the AP get into the reboot cycle after the F/W update of the switches? Why did the switches need another power cycle to work  again properly? This costed me 2h of work! Thinking twice: Why did the router have problems after the firmware update of the switches (the second switch was not rebooted, only the router and the first switch)?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 529

Replies: 1