Votes

FEATURE REQUEST: Switch upgrade without loss of PoE P L E A S E !!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-03 11:41:28 - last edited 2023-01-04 04:55:17

Hi,

Simple, can we please have an upgrade process for switches that does not result in loss of PoE power to all devices.

When i upgrade my main switch, the controller, 4 access points and 6 other devices all loose power, its a mess...

Phil.

Options
2 Reply
Re:FEATURE REQUEST: Switch upgrade without loss of PoE P L E A S E !!!!
2023-01-04 04:59:27

Tescophil wrote

Hi,

Simple, can we please have an upgrade process for switches that does not result in loss of PoE power to all devices.

When i upgrade my main switch, the controller, 4 access points and 6 other devices all loose power, its a mess...

Phil.

Dear  @Tescophil 

To gather feedback from others, I'd like to transfer this thread to the block of "Requests & Suggestions" so that it could be seen by more people.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:FEATURE REQUEST: Switch upgrade without loss of PoE P L E A S E !!!!
2023-01-08 16:12:59
Agree with Phil..if there's a way to ensure PoE remains on during upgrades and reboots, that would be a huge time save and benefit network configurations. If EAPs and other PoE devices lose power during an upgrade, that can cause set-backs.
Hybrid OPNsense/Omada EAP Cat6 backhaul 4 x EAP670 1 x EAP610-Outdoor Omada Controller v5.14.0.10 Win 11 Router: OPNsense Intel N5105 quad-core I226V 2.5Gbe w/16GB RAM Dual WAN Fios/Spectrum 1Gbps
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 344

Replies: 2

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters