Wireless Bridge between 6 buildings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-03 14:43:13 - last edited 2023-01-05 03:28:48

I have a problem to overcome. I have 6 buildings laid out in the shape of an (H). I am trying to figure out how to bring internet to each building from a single source wirelessly.

I currently have (1) 1500 mbps connection in one of the buildings and i want to spread this connection between all buildings.

I have tried an EAP225 unit and it doesn't quite work perfectly. I am told this maybe beyond the EAP225's ability. So i was hoping the community could give me some ideas as to what i need to make this work.

So to sum it up:

- I need 6 outdoor wireless units to broadcast to each location.

- each outdoor wireless unit needs to be able to connect to a separate wireless router to provide networking to each building.

If anyone has any ideas to wirelessly share the internet connection, that would be great!

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireless Bridge between 6 buildings-Solution
2023-01-04 05:14:21 - last edited 2023-01-05 03:28:48

@Terran158 

EAP may not be the best solution. I will recommend CPE to build the point-to-point connection.

So the basic setup is like this:

Main building router--CPE1)))((( CPE2---Extend building indoor router

You will need multi CPE(maybe 3 units) in the main building, because each CPE can only handle one direction.

Here is an example from tplink website:

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Bridge between 6 buildings-Solution
2023-01-04 05:14:21 - last edited 2023-01-05 03:28:48

@Terran158 

EAP may not be the best solution. I will recommend CPE to build the point-to-point connection.

So the basic setup is like this:

Main building router--CPE1)))((( CPE2---Extend building indoor router

You will need multi CPE(maybe 3 units) in the main building, because each CPE can only handle one direction.

Here is an example from tplink website:

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 1

Related Articles