none main (LAN) Network all FUBAR since Switch upgrades ???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 10:14:40 - last edited 2023-01-05 10:36:31
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.7.6

( SO it happened again I should start with, I did an update of FW and everything broke ) 

last night I updated my switches to the lastest FW  (I didn't touch anything else at first ) 

TL-SG2210MP v1.0  fw 1.0.7  (was 1.0.6 ) I think 

TL-SG2218 v1.0    fw 1.1.7   (was more recent then 1.1.2 (rollback FW page one )  ,I would think ) but rollback page seems to indicate TL-SG2218(UN)_V1_20210806)   nice version numbering right there.....

OC 200 5.7.6

EAP 345 v3 5.0.6

I would provide a 'nice FW overview' and restore and etc... overview , but OMADA doesn't have even a simple log in which it tracks the FW update histories of the devices , restores of backup's etc.... of this whole Endeavour the only entry I find is this : 

Master Administrator xxxx upgraded TL-SG2218 to firmware version 1.1.2 Build 20210806 Rel.55686 manually.  

the last rollback I did.....   really sad......

anyway the main issue seems to be that that all my none 'main' SSID networks are messed up :  I don't have any wired devices to my none main network.    except for 1 wired IOT hub , and that is still fine (according to the indicator light on the devices ) because I  have no means to reach it otherwise anymore ...... 

Office network = dead  (different Vlan)  Guest network 

IOT network = dead   (different Vlan )   Guest network

Guest network = didn't bother to test.  (different Vlan ) Guest network 

Home network = fine. ( 'LAN'  Vlan ) 

The issue identifies itself as the devices not recieving an IP adress anymore from from the ER605.

tested with IOT devices , apple based laptops,  windows ,   android smart phone 

and essentially only the 'main' LAN / VLAN is working anymore.   Everything else doesn't get IP adressess anymore. 

things that have been attempted ( but as said there is not log of FW or major restore points ) 

- restarted the whole network 

- restarted switches 

- restored ( config of 1 month old )

- disabled all ACL 

- disabled guest mode on SSID which where indicated as Guest networks to none guest

- rolledback swtiches to FW previously  

- restored config to a few months older 

Options
10 Reply
Re:none main (LAN) Network all FUBAR since Switch upgrades ???
2023-01-06 05:48:09 - last edited 2023-01-06 06:36:21

@mehmeh 

It seems the VLAN tagged data did not go though to the switch. You have all switches show "connected" on the controller right?

Check the Network-LAN settings, choose all the router ports if possible:

EDIT: BTW did you set up the legal dhcp server? Try disable it if possible

Options
2023-01-06 09:50:59 - last edited 2023-01-06 10:01:02

@mehmeh 

on the ER605 there are only 2 cables connected 1 to the WAN and 1 to LAN 

so I don't think it matters,  but anyway I did it and it didn't resolve the issue. 

Legal DHCP server options is not ticked for any of my 4 networks. 

my full network is OMADA based,  

so nothing is managed 'outside' of without omada. 

The mess started with updating the switches (without fault)  when I got up in the morning nothing of my IOT devices ( wifi) worked anymore. 

maybe some inactive or incosistent config got activated somehow.   

As indicated before the IOT (wired) seem to still keep working.   (I verified I could still reach the IOT device)    I just noticd my wired IOT device is on the (LAN network not on the supposedly IOT )  which is unexpected => PORT 10 of my switch has the IOT profile but in the clients page is on 'LAN'

Tahomalink 192.168.3.202 CONNECTED LAN TL-SG2218 Port 10

Name: Port 10

Profile:

IoT

• Profile Overrides

Profile:

IoT

so maybe its the tagging on SSID's and EAP's connectied to the switch ( all linked to the 2210MP ) 

but the port profiles have not been changes,  since this network was setup at the start ( end 2021) . 

All the Vlan's were created at that time  and I know for fact they were working. 

I alos seem to get these messages in the logs :

The configurations of device TL-SG2218 are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to TL-SG2218-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller.

Jan 06, 2023 11:32:41  

The configurations of device TL-SG2210MP are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to TL-SG2210MP-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller.

Options
2023-01-09 21:27:20 - last edited 2023-01-09 21:32:06

@mehmeh 

*bump*

everything is still fubared , 

Since I made the first post..... 

as indicated before rolling back FW's and configs ( recent and m2 or 3 months ) old didn't fix it. 

I repeat the only Vlan that still works is the 'main' one. 

Just to 'work' I moved some wireless clients to the 'main' network SSID  , but this is not an option for other devices like printers and IOT devices....

Options
2023-01-10 03:57:39

@mehmeh Just some thoughts that may or may not work.

While a bit intensive, have you tried a factory reset on the OC200, and then restore with settings only to the last backup or even full hand input of settings?  Having an config mismatch issue between the switch and OC200, has me wondering if the Omada database in the OC200 has become corrupted.  TPLink has done a number of DB changes over the past year, so the potential is there.  Also how full is the OC200 memory, is it close to being full?

Options
2023-01-10 07:48:58

@mehmeh 

Try disable the VLANs on the controller, and enable again. Or remove the switch from the controller(the Forget option), then re-adopt the switch.

Options
2023-01-11 19:41:37

@mehmeh 

Before I try this destructive solutions.   

For the once of Somnus,   

IF I forgot the switch , it will get reset , but would this mean I need to configure my switch configuration ( like Port mappings  , Vlan profiles etc...) 

or do I forget and then put back an old config.   ?  or do I need to start from scratch. 

Because if I start to do this destructive actions,   my network might/will be heavily impacted. 

although degraded and my IOT devices not working at least by moving my  work related devices to the home network

I can telework and still connect (via VPN to my employer )  <= its it's so it doesn't care about my local network topology. 

But not having anything anymore .... that's risky during the work week. 

Options
2023-01-22 13:59:34 - last edited 2023-01-22 19:11:35

@mehmeh 

This is just pure BS.   

I spend again some time to try to fix this.   

Deleted my extra Vlan's and recreated them, played with Port profiles , played with Vlan on switches  ( maybe just to trigger a correct order of saving or overwriting the invalid config somehow)

reset the switches / forget / adopt etc... 

The only network that still works is my main.    Vlans don't do anything it seems ,   Vlan on port don't do anything.    , Any SSID which is using a none main Vlan do no work (but the switch apperently don't care about Vlan's anymore ).    As said devices on wired connection on Vlan profiles , ignore the setting and reside on the LAN.   Clients on SSid's with a vlan attached , connect don't recieve an IP. 

it's mind blowing that I reported this 2 weeks back.    And the only thing I see happening is that other ppl are also reporting it. 

Anyway after today fooling around , I problably messed up so many things. 

I reverted to an old backup -one that worked basically since the start- => which doesn't work  ( even though switches are FW's are rolled back)

The only thing that I haven't tried , to basically Factory reset every single device on my setup => so start completely from scratch.  

Options
2023-01-30 11:32:22 - last edited 2023-01-30 11:36:13

@mehmeh 

Can someone give me a detailed 'step - per step' guide to my Vlan's up and running.

What needs to be done clearly , what can't be done and what needs to be redone and which actions MAY NOT be done. 

because resetting my Controller is for me removing ALL settings from it ?  removing Vlan's and recreating doesn't seem to work from me. 

this morning I installed the 'beta FW of the ER605

ER605(UN)_v1_1.2.2_Build 20230118 (Beta)

Router ER 605

CONNECTED

TL-R605 v1.0

24m 2s

CONNECTED

TL-SG2210MP v1.0

7day(s) 21h 39m ...

CONNECTED

TL-SG2218 v1.0

7day(s) 21h 37m ...

APa  

CONNECTED

EAP245(EU) v3.0

3day(s) 17h 34m ...

AP 2

CONNECTED

EAP245(EU) v3.0

7day(s) 21h 38m ...

Options
2023-01-30 13:58:32

@mehmeh 

You can back up the config file before resettings of the Controller.

Here is the guide about how to create the networks:

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Options
2023-02-05 22:15:47

@mehmeh 

it doesn't work for me. 

tonight again I have done the following ( I didn't reset any device )

- delete ACL 

- delete port profiles 

- delete Vlan's  

the network stuff which was left was the SSID's and the main Vlan and some other config ( fixed Ip , random schedules , etc... ) 

I then rebooted the network , I double checked all stuff was gone. 

I then followed  your guide to recreate the Vlan's ,  portprofiles (only to 1 port for IOT ) for testing ,   SSid's

The ONLY port I gave a Vlan profile was a wired IOT device.   all ports where on 'all' 

Rebooted the network 

And nothing was it its vlan.   clients do not get get Ip's

Tahomalink   CONNECTED LAN <removed mac  Port 10

2nd collumn is empty since it can't get an ip

Port 10

Profile:

Vlan_IoT

• Profile Overrides

connecting my mac book to the SSID of the IOT ,  it fails to get an ip 

and 'auto configures' a none working one

MacBook <removed> 169.254.149.51 CONNECTED <removed>-IOT

so as I already removed the config , reset the switches ,  and re-adopted to get this mess sorted 

I would like to recieve a way how to get our this mess .....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 10