Need Access help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need Access help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Need Access help
Need Access help
2023-01-16 16:42:49
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Ok, tried for 3 hrs to access EAP225 outdoor via web page using tplinkeap.net but not page. then I tried EAP's IP, still cannot access it. how am I supposed to set this thing up if I cannot access it? & yes, i've reset password three times. but the main issue is i cannot access it. tried  accessing it using Tether app on my phone to, but it only  it only comes up with my router Ax6000. This is doing my head in. Used omada controller and it see's it's there but will not access it there. 

Tonybell
Options
14 Reply
Re:Need Access help
2023-01-17 13:49:59 - last edited 2023-01-17 13:53:20

@Tonybell 

I will do what I can to get you access to the EAP225 but you have given limited information so its difficult to determine where to start so lets just start here. The following will get the EAP225 set up in Standalone Mode. It is required to be wired to your network.

• Remove the EAPs Port Cover.
  • Connect an ethernet cable from the EAP to the POE port on POE adapter.
  • Power the adapter and wait for EAP LED to show solid green.
  • Next to the Ehternet Port on EAP, depress the RESET button for about 10 seconds.
  • LED on side of EAP will cycle red / yellow few times. Continue to hold until it is solid green again then release.
  • Leave the EAP connected as is and connect a second cable from LAN port on POE adapter to LAN port on your router.
  • Log into your Router, access the client list and find the IP address assigned to the EAP.
  • Enter that IP address into address bar.
  • Enter admin / admin at login.
  • Enter new user and pass.
  • Configure 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wifi SSID and Password.
  • Configure IP address to static if desired or leave as dynamic. (recommend leaving static for now to keep things simple)

You should now see the 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSIDs on wireless devices and connect to them using the password you set.

NOTE: This is standalone mode and requires the EAP to stay wired to your network. If you want this to be a remote (unwired AP), you will need to have a second Omada compatible EAP wired and configure to your network.

NOTE: With the AP in Standalone mode, it cannot be added (adopted) to the Omada controller unless you reset it. Likewise once an AP is adopted to the controller, it cannot be accessed via web interface using the ip address.

NOTE: The EAP225 and other Omada devices will not show up in the Tether App.

Options
2023-01-17 14:34:51

@RickJamesBish Thanks for all that. I have already done this many times. in the end I found something by accident and tried this. I went into ipv4 & changed temporarily the ip to 192.168.0.10 Subnet mask the same being 225 e.g & back to http://192.168.0.254 & straight away it came up with the log in page where I were to make all the changes with it wired. However though. I don't know if EAP225 is faulty, when I try to log in or connect via my iphone. it shows EAP225 with strong signal & when I try to connect to it. it takes forever to do so but fails anyway. I tried connecting to through Omada but again. see's it but will not find or connect to it. I also have AX6000 router & no matter how much I tried. My Ax6000 never shows the mac or ip address of the EAP225. So I'm guessing it's faulty & I give up with it. When I first got it. I had no issues.  But I thought ide not need  it for a while so it was stored a few months. but since trying to set it up again after re-setting it. it can be seen but will not connect.

Tonybell
Options
2023-01-17 14:39:05
See your answer re: Omada. Why do they make these things so damn complicated
Tonybell
Options
2023-01-17 14:48:31 - last edited 2023-01-17 14:59:36

@Tonybell  "I went into ipv4 & changed temporarily the ip to 192.168.0.10 Subnet mask the same being 225..."

That sounds like you had the AP connected directly to your computers ethernet port, and not your router. Is that correct?

If you have done what I outlined exactly, not substituting any step for another, and leaving the AP connected to the router and it does not work, then there is likely something wrong with the AP.

Out of the box at factory settings, you can connect EAP____Adapter POE Port  /  Adapter Lan Port______Router and a default 2.4 and 5Ghz network will be accessible with no password set and you can find the IP address assigned in the Routers client list. If this is not the case then something is wrong with the EAP or something in the router preventing proper configuration of the AP.    And understand that the AP must stay connected to the router. If you configure the AP then disconnect it from the router it will not work.

Omada Controller is not needed if you all you are doing is setting up one AP so don't even bother with that.

Options
2023-01-17 15:06:23

@RickJamesBish ahh right. I did it through my switch box connected from my router

Tonybell
Options
2023-01-17 18:11:24

@Tonybell I've since done everything again after plugging directly into my router & still nothing. again, it see's it on my phone but will not connect. so, has to be faulty

Tonybell
Options
2023-01-17 18:53:51

@Tonybell  have you tried connecting with another wireless device to rule out an incompatibility between phone and AP?

Options
2023-01-17 19:01:48

@RickJamesBish am just opening web page now

Tonybell
Options
2023-01-17 19:03:24

@Tonybell I,m now in the page

Tonybell
Options