Captive portal stays blank, it takes a long time to appear

2023-01-21 17:45:04 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:24:40
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608
Hello everyone! I have problems with the captive portal, it takes a long time to appear and on android phones it does not appear, it only loads a blank page, and if I refresh the portal it only shows: "data:text/html "
I have tried with the original portal of omada controller and the same thing also happens, in iphone devices it does not render the html, it shows the source code directly, I do not have any acl, in summary the problems that I am presenting are the following:

1) The original captive portal of Omada controller does not load, in most cases, it only shows a blank page, I have to hit the wifi network up to 5 times for it to appear.
I have tried with portal modes: a) Without password: the original omada and a custom portal. B) external portal, stays blank in all cases
the problem is that the portal stays blank whatever it is.

2) On Iphone devices, it directly displays the source code, it doesn't render the html.

Controller data:

model OC200
version: 5.7.6

Firmware version :
2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Captive portal stays blank, it takes a long time to appear-Solution
2023-11-20 03:24:03 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:24:40

@bagdasar 

I was playing around with guest wifi and the portal authentication.  I was initially getting the same blank screen.  I had ACLs on the EAP denying access to RFC1918 networks (in addition to having the guest button clicked in the WLAN setting for the guest wifi).  I created a pre-authentication acl allowing access to the controller's ip address (the controller is the device serving up the portal page). I also had to disable the EAP ACL (I suspect I need to modify it to allow access to the controller IP address as well.  I would have thought the pre-auth acl would have taken care of that but it may be a precedence issue; hard to tell from the gui).  The portal page then loaded as expected.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Captive portal stays blank, it takes a long time to appear
2023-01-21 20:52:31 - last edited 2023-01-21 20:56:10

@aletfox Do you have any access controls rules or restrictions. between the guest network and the network that the controller sits on?Have you set the controller hostname/ IP under the controller access config ?

You can also try an open the portal in another browser once connected to the guest network. You should just be able to enter the IP address if the controller into the browser and it should redirect you to the portal page.

Options
Same problem here
2023-02-17 05:07:56

Help ....

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I manage some sites on SDN Omada and some of them are giving problems.

Some are ok, perfect, when logging in, it enters normally, quickly.

In others, it does not enter, the white screen remains, after a long time on some smartphones the website "connectivitycheck gstatic com" appears but the omada hotspot does not open.

Help, this is very serious for us!! We will have to abandon omada for this problem.

Setup:

SDN Omada on linux ubuntu server 22.10

-> 20 sites
-> Portal
-> Hotspot
-> Voucher

((Original (pt_BR))):

Olá senhores e senhoras,

administro alguns sites no SDN Omada  e alguns deles stão dando problemas.

Alguns estão ok, perfeitos, ao fazer o login, entra normal, rápido.

Em outros, não entra, fica a tela branca, depois de muito tempo em alguns smartphones aparece o site connectivitycheck gstatic com mas não abre o hotspot do omada.

Socorro, isto é muito sério para nós !! Teremos que abandonar o omada por este problema.

SDN Omada no linux ubuntu server 22.10
-> 20 sites

-> Portal
-> Hotspot
-> Voucher

File:
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-17 at 12.41.03 AM.jpegDownload
Options
2023-02-17 05:18:13

@aletfox 

I have the same problem!! In some devices it loads very quickly and in another it doesn't load, just like the image shown by @DanielSalina, it really is very frustrating when dealing with equipment intended for the business segment where the minimum that is sought is stability. Hopefully TPLINK sent an Update/fix quickly. I see that I am not the only one that happens to you, this frustrating situation.
Options
2023-02-17 05:20:59

After several attempts and a lot of waiting, this attached screen appears.

And already, yes, it already includes this site in the "Authenticator -> Access Control - Pre-Authenticatos Access" list, but the error persists.

@aletfox 

((original (pt_BR)))

Depois de várias tentativas e muito esperar, aparece esta tela.

E já, sim, já inclui este site na lista do "Authenticator -> Access Control - Pré-Authenticatos Access", porém o erro persiste.

File:
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-17 at 1.18.08 AM.jpegDownload
Options
2023-02-17 05:23:12
Hello, I do not have any policy assigned, I receive the internet through a Vlan dedicated only to providing the public internet, IF I put the portal ip when the screen goes blank, nothing happens, it does not redirect, but the problem is random, since on other devices it works very well, but on many others it doesn't.
Options
2023-02-17 05:33:32

@DanielSalina 

After so much research I discovered that both - connectivitycheck (dot) gstatic (dot) com - and the one from microsoft I don't remember the domain now, they are used by the device to verify that there is a connection, therefore, you must verify that they are not in the Pre-Authenticates Access list, since which will make the problem worse, if you use a custom portal I recommend not including anything that has the domain 
- something (dot)gstatic (dot) com - since Google uses that domain for its fonts (Google fonts) and other .js libraries
Options
2023-06-09 09:20:06

@aletfox Hi, ran into the same problem, did you manage to find a solution?

Options
Re:Captive portal stays blank, it takes a long time to appear-Solution
2023-11-20 03:24:03 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:24:40

@bagdasar 

I was playing around with guest wifi and the portal authentication.  I was initially getting the same blank screen.  I had ACLs on the EAP denying access to RFC1918 networks (in addition to having the guest button clicked in the WLAN setting for the guest wifi).  I created a pre-authentication acl allowing access to the controller's ip address (the controller is the device serving up the portal page). I also had to disable the EAP ACL (I suspect I need to modify it to allow access to the controller IP address as well.  I would have thought the pre-auth acl would have taken care of that but it may be a precedence issue; hard to tell from the gui).  The portal page then loaded as expected.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1539

Replies: 8