TL-R600VPN Becoming Unresponsive Lately

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 20:09:42
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.41831

Did not find original my post from a few minutes ago. Hope no dupe.

We have been running the R600VPNs for a few years, but in the past few weeks, I am finding one of these routers becoming unresponsive. The first time, I just reset it and didn't look into it any further, but lately it has been happening more often. While unresponsive, the system light stays on and seems dim. After each reset, the system light will start blinking (but still dim) and we move on.

Should I plan on replacing this soon? Is there a way to diagnose this when unresponsive? I can't log into the GUI and network activity looks active going off of the status lights by each RJ45 jack that is plugged in.

Is there yet a way to export the R600's settings and translate the info to restore same settings to the ER605?

If I need to replace the R600, who shall I initially contact?

Thanks.

Paul

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-R600VPN Becoming Unresponsive Lately
2023-01-25 08:03:26

@urbnsr 

Sad thing is, there is not way to translate the old router config file to ER605.

You may contact local tp-link support or just purchase it from Amazon

Options
2023-01-25 12:15:30

@Somnus 

Thanks. When you say purchase it from Amazon, which one are you referring to? I find the ER605 available, but I don't find many of the R600VPN models: Amazon offers a R600VPN (with a link to TP-Link Store) for $3,361.01 US. Ouch.. Inflation/supply, huh!

Options
2023-01-25 13:08:01

@urbnsr 

It will be much easier to choose an ER605. Although you need to do all configurations, consider the performance improvement, it's still worth it to get the upgrade.

Options
2023-02-11 18:42:47

@urbnsr 

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with one of your R600VPN routers becoming unresponsive. This could indicate a hardware issue with the router, and it may be time to consider replacing it.If you are unable to log into the GUI and network activity looks active based on the status lights, it could be useful to try resetting the router to see if that resolves the issue. If the issue continues to persist, it may be necessary to diagnose the problem further to determine the cause.

In terms of exporting the R600's settings and translating the information to restore the same settings to an ER605, this will likely depend on the specific model of R600VPN router that you are using and the features that it supports. You may want to consult the manual or reach out to the manufacturer for more information on this.

If you do need to replace the R600VPN, it would be best to initially contact the vendor or supplier from whom you purchased the router to see if they offer any warranty or support services. You can also look into replacement GlenAllen options, such as the ER605, which may be more suitable for your needs.Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 4

Related Articles