No RADIUS coming from Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-25 10:16:05
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.8.4

Hello,

Im using Omada Controller 5.8.4 on a Windows 2019 machine with 6 EAP650 and everything i working fine. VLAN, DHCP etc. is configured without a problem.

Now I've tried to setup RADIUS and cant get any user authenticated. Controller says: failed to connected to AP with SSID "Testme" on channel 128 because WPA Authentication times out/failed.

I've tried 2.4 and 5 Ghz, different RADIUS servers, WPA, WPA2, WPA3 but cannot get a request. I've installed wireshark and cant even see a packet being sent by the controller.

Can someone tell me if its a bug or a configuration problem.

Options
4 Reply
Re:No RADIUS coming from Controller
2023-01-25 13:22:13

@Vinc2 

What are you using for the Radius Server?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-01-25 13:32:12
Ive setup the Domaincontroller Windows Server 2016 with NPS server role as RADIUS Server. Ive also installed the NPS server role directly onto the same Server as the Omada Controller on Windows Server 2019. Ive downloaded some RADIUS test programs and they all work. I can see the login attempts in the Windows Event Viewer.
Options
2023-01-25 16:22:13

Sorry i assumed that the RADIUS Request would come from the Controller and not the AP's.

Now I've fixed it and it works

Options
2023-05-24 16:42:05

@Vinc2 

Can you confirm that when using RADIUS authentication, RADIUS requests come from each AP and not the controller. It would be painfull having to config 50+ radius clients on the NPS Server. Wonder why not use the controller as a RADIUS proxy.

Options