Yet another cascade switch issue/question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 13:08:32
Model: TL-SG3428MP   SG2210P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear community,

I'm a new user of TPLink products. But we invested in the full omada product line

1x EAP610-Outdoor
1xTL-SG3428MP
1xEAP615-Wall
1xER605
6xEAP653 Slim
1xOC200
3xSG2210P

all running latest version and onboarded into OC200

The idea was to have the SG3428MP as a core switch were the majority of the AP were connected over  PoE and then the SG2210P as local distribution switches.

Everything works fine but for IPTV

When I have a setop box connected via RJ45 on the SG2210P with an uplink to the SG3428MP (with an uplink to the ER605, who has an uplink to a Fritzbox), I'm unable to use the setop box. It says that it is connected to the Internet but can't stream any channel. Note that replay functionality seems to work. I've tried enabling/disabling IGMP, enabling IPTV, there are no ACL, no QoS, ... 

BUT, when I tell the setop box to use the wifi connection which uses an AP that is connected to the SG3428MP, then it works...but I rather use a wired connection.

My guess is that it has something to do with broadcast/multicast on the SG2210P or rather a combination of behaviors between both switches... but I'm not sure...  I can't seem to find the setting to control such things (broadcast/multicast). OR maybe there is some kind of protection at the switch level? But here too , I couldn't find something that would make the thing work

Has any of you encountered this? I'll see if I can find some CLI commands to debug this but there are also no logs... or events that could help me identify what security feature was triggered or if frames were dropped /ignored.. or do I need to activate something?

Thanks for your help!

Paulo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 0

Related Articles