Omada ACL rules about one way inter vlan routing issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 20:42:34

Hi, I am a newbie. I am using TP-Link Omada software controller. I created 4 vlans. My Main VLAN is "1" called LAN 192.168.1.1/24

VLAN for IoT is "107" subnet 192.168.107.1/24. VLANS are working fine. The clients are getting IP addresses. Inter VLAN routing works out of the box as default. My need is to Block IoT (vlan 107) subnet to main (VLAN 1) subnet 192.168.1.1/24 . However, I want to be allow access to IoT subnet (vlan 107) from main subnet (Vlan 1).

So in the switch ACL (Access Control List) I created the first rule of "Allow" all protocols from source "Network" LAN (vlan 1) to Destination "Network" IoT (Vlan 107).

That worked fine even before creating this rule.

The problem happens when I create the second ACL rule to block IoT.

The second rule is "Deny" all protocols all protocols from source "Network" IoT (vlan 107) to Destination "Network" LAN (Vlan 1).

As soon as I created this rule, both networks cannot reach each other. They are both isolated. So the first rule is ineffective. What am I doing wrong? How do I achieve Allow LAN to IoT but Deny IoT to LAN?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada ACL rules about one way inter vlan routing issue
2023-01-26 22:37:26

@kumarullal 

It is a general networking principle in TCP/IP that the connection is two-way. When a client sends a packet to the other client, the response Ack must be receivable, otherwise the connection cannot be made. Simply put, you cannot have a one-way communication in TCP/IP.

If you have a specific requirement, explain it here and people will help you to see how you can achieve it. 

Options
Re:Omada ACL rules about one way inter vlan routing issue
2023-01-27 10:11:36

@kumarullal 

What is the firmware of your router? The newest firmware of ER7206 and ER605 V2 has "stateful ACL"

ER605 v2.1.0 Beta Firmware Release

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 2

Related Articles