Possible solution for traffic shaping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-27 08:28:01 - last edited 2023-01-27 18:29:56

I've been wondering for a long time how to limit some of the clients in one network, what's next (I didn't find an answer either on forums or in chats)

The task is this, the hotel has a weak Internet connection. But there are computers with video on the local network. It is necessary for clients to restrict access to the Internet, without limiting the speed to the local network (to computers with video)

The tips were to create a VLAN to prescribe routes. I found an easier way...

There are only 2 settings, and there is no need to create different networks and vlans. In the "PROFILES-Groups" settings, we create 2 groups. 192.168.0.128/25 (addresses from 128-254) and group 192.168.0.64/26 (addresses from 64-128) Next, in the "Bandwidth control", we create a rule with these groups with the necessary restriction. in the DHCP settings, specify the address range 64-254.

That's it! all addresses written up to 64 have full and unlimited access everywhere, new addresses will have the necessary restriction on the Internet and without restriction on the local network. If someone needs to change the speed personally, assign an address and enter the speed manually. All in one network without VLANs and complex routes

This setting is useful even at home, so that the Internet does not hang
up. Especially if the family is large, and so that access to the shared
NAS (and other local services) does not suffer All in one network

Along the way, I noticed that r605v2 takes a very long time to set up, the CPU load is constantly jumping. Each change of settings can be waited for 10-15 minutes. I put the old r605v1 and this one is much better, it takes settings quickly and smoothly, the processor line is smooth. I probably reset r605v2 to factory settings 5 times, I definitely didn't like it. Yes, it works, but it's slow
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 283

Replies: 0

Related Articles