Unable to get split tunneling after setting up OpenVPN client to site via Omada OC300 controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to get split tunneling after setting up OpenVPN client to site via Omada OC300 controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 04:00:16
Tags: #split tunneling
Model: OC300   ER605 (TL-R605)   EAP650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest update

I have setup the OpenVPN server via the OC300 and a VPN user - then exported the profile and can connect successfully via the OpenVPN connect client - EXCEPT that I lose internet access. This is something I expect to be solved by split tunneling but I cannot find that setting anywhere so I can only communicate with devices on the remote LAN but not access the internet locally. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to get split tunneling after setting up OpenVPN client to site via Omada OC300 controller
2023-01-30 10:34:20

@OrangeStreet 

Try set upa a public DNS on the OpenVPN server settings page.

Options
Re:Unable to get split tunneling after setting up OpenVPN client to site via Omada OC300 controller
2023-01-31 00:52:33 - last edited 2023-01-31 00:55:26

No such page exists - I am using the OC300 controller and there are no "OpenVPN" server settings anywhere. I tried changing the DNS for the WAN to Google DNS servers but that doesn't work. Exactly where in the interface would I find this setting you are referring to? This is what is available:

Options
2023-01-31 01:47:54
Ok - so OpenVPN doesn't have custom DNS settings but others like the L2TP option does and when set allow things to work fine as a split tunnel. It seems there is missing fields or settings for OpenVPN that need to be exposed to make it useful.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 3

Tags

split tunneling